*** Featured in Best New Apps - Health & Fitness ***
Ensō is a sleek and elegant meditation timer and bell, designed to enhance your meditation and mindfulness experience. Its minimal feature set and design allow you to focus on what matters the most - your mindfulness experience - without getting in your way.
What people say about Ensō:
"Considering the quality and utility of this app, Ensō is a godsend for meditation lovers" - Lifehacker.ru
"For a distraction free meditation experience that lets you customize intervals and timers, you want Ensō." - iMore.com
"Beautiful interface that just gets out of the way :)"
"This is the best meditation app I've ever used by far. It has just enough features, but isn't cluttered. It makes me excited to meditate again! Thanks for making such a great app."
"Wonderful app. Simple, beautiful, and powerful design."
"Elegant design, simple, and the many bell sounds are terrific. A great app that doesn't over complicate something that shouldn't be over complicated!"
"I've been meditating regularly for over 25 years. I wish I'd had this app a long time ago! Thanks Enso!"
"Simple, yet incredibly intuitive function. The interval bells are fantastic. Don't change a thing! Of all the meditation apps on the market this one is the best! It has the essentials...no distractions and no useless, flashy whistles"
Meditation is a wonderful way to alleviate stress, reduce anxiety and achieve inner peace and calm. Ensō Meditation Timer gently guides your sessions and keeps track of your progress helping you to integrate mindfulness into your daily routine.
- Easy-to-use meditation timer
- High-quality, professionally-recorded, soothing bells and bowls to start and end your meditation (or yoga) session
- Preparation timer to allow you to get ready for your session
- Interval (reminder) timer and bell to help you stay focused and keep track of time
- Progress indicators to show you how far you are into your meditation session with a simple peek
- Progress reports and stats to help you keep track of your progress
- Ability to turn off your device's screen (using the top button) and use the bells for walking meditation sessions
- Ability to run Ensō in the background to use its bells and progress tracking features while running another app in foreground (to play a guided meditation for example!)
- Distraction-free mode when you set your device on silent to prevent text message sounds, etc. Ensō can still chime meditation bells even when the device is set on silent.
Ensō Pro (available via an in-app purchase) adds powerful new features to Ensō and makes it an even better companion for your mindfulness and meditation practice.
With Ensō Pro you can:
- setup reminders for your sessions and get notified with 12 beautiful chimes - exclusively created for Ensō
- save your settings as presets that can be selected manually or automatically using Ensō's Intelligent Presets
- search for your presets in spotlight and activate them by selecting them (iOS 9 only)
- play your favorite guided-meditation or music during your session using Ensō's in-app audio player
Ensō comes with a free gorgeous-sounding default bell. Additional bells are available as in-app-purchases. Ensō is a universal app and runs beautifully on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
We never disturb your session with a review request. If you enjoy using Ensō, please consider leaving us a review.
Thank you for your continued support of Ensō!
This update includes minor bug fixes and improvement.
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions or just wanted to say hi, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And last but not least, if you love Ensō, please consider leaving a good review and help spread the word. We really appreciate it.
The Ensō Team
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful design. Just the right amount of structure.
Years ago I would have found the 60 min maximum for the timer limiting at times, now I struggle to sit for 5 minutes. I tried 6 meditation apps this week. Only Ensō is still installed. The preparation time, with start, interval, and end bells are the perfect amount of structure for me. The start bell is great for setting intention. The interval bells are surprisingly helpful to stay focused, and assure my mind the timer is working. I’ve had a couple of timer notification failures using my iPhone timer in the past. I hadn’t realized how that was impacting my ability to relax, and focus until I used Ensō. The free version is great! I paid the small price to upgrade for HealthKit integration and presets. I also paid for all bells. That’s at the very bottom of any of the bell lists. It took me a while to find the option. The default bell is pleasant, but I was surprised how the upgraded bells improved my experience. Probably because they reminded of a retreat I’d done at a Buddhist temple years ago. I also love the simple visual design. It would be nice to have progress sync across devices, but that’s not enough of a problem to detract a star. Thank you so much for creating this app!!
Just the right features
I love this beautiful app. I’ve tried a number of different meditation apps, and this is the best for my needs. The ability to turn-off social features is a plus, as is the ability to play a playlist from music on the device or just sit silently. I suppose it would be easy to use this feature to play a recorded “guided” meditation from any source, if in the correct format. I need to give that a try.
It seems that the timer doesn’t record sessions which end before the originally scheduled time, unless I’ve missed something. If you plan 20 minutes, but sit for only 10, then you get no record of it in the app or in Apple Health. The ability to record an interrupted session would be a welcome addition, as would open-ended sessions. I like to record Tai Chi as “moving meditation.” To do that, the timer would have to allow for an indefinite time. I second Poppy-A-K’s request for a three bell option at the end of a session.
Anyone looking for a simple, elegant meditation timer, should really give it a chance. Well done!
Enso is the best!
I have been using Enso for several years, primarily for meditation period timing. I use it both for solo meditation and when I am keeping time for groups. It is subtle, flexible, and allows for either silent or sound signaling of start and finish. The bell sounds are beautiful and substitute nicely when I am in a situation where I don’t have my own bell. Enso also gives the option for a little humor, with the image of meditation kitty at the end of a period.
I also call on the Enso app to assist me with discipline for completing tasks such a writing assignment that I am resisting... I set 20 min writing periods and meditation kitty shows up after 20 minutes to give me a break. Highly recommend this app. Thanks, Enso team!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Webmark Interactive Inc.
- 28.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Webmark Interactive Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Value Pack (All Bells) $2.99
- Pro Upgrade $2.99
- Ceremonial Bell 1 $0.99
- Tibetan Singing Bowl Low $0.99
- Tibetan Singing Bowl Medium $0.99
- Japanese Temple Bell 1 $0.99
- Ceremonial Bell 2 $0.99
- Short Meditation Bell $0.99
- Long Meditation Bell $0.99
- Nepalese Singing Bowl Medium $0.99