*** Featured in Best New Apps - Health & Fitness ***
Ensō is a sleek and elegant meditation timer and bell, designed to enhance your meditation and mindfulness experience. Its minimal feature set and design allow you to focus on what matters the most - your mindfulness experience - without getting in your way.
What people say about Ensō:
"Considering the quality and utility of this app, Ensō is a godsend for meditation lovers" - Lifehacker.ru
"For a distraction free meditation experience that lets you customize intervals and timers, you want Ensō." - iMore.com
"Beautiful interface that just gets out of the way :)"
"This is the best meditation app I've ever used by far. It has just enough features, but isn't cluttered. It makes me excited to meditate again! Thanks for making such a great app."
"Wonderful app. Simple, beautiful, and powerful design."
"Elegant design, simple, and the many bell sounds are terrific. A great app that doesn't over complicate something that shouldn't be over complicated!"
"I've been meditating regularly for over 25 years. I wish I'd had this app a long time ago! Thanks Enso!"
"Simple, yet incredibly intuitive function. The interval bells are fantastic. Don't change a thing! Of all the meditation apps on the market this one is the best! It has the essentials...no distractions and no useless, flashy whistles"
Meditation is a wonderful way to alleviate stress, reduce anxiety and achieve inner peace and calm. Ensō Meditation Timer gently guides your sessions and keeps track of your progress helping you to integrate mindfulness into your daily routine.
- Easy-to-use meditation timer
- High-quality, professionally-recorded, soothing bells and bowls to start and end your meditation (or yoga) session
- Preparation timer to allow you to get ready for your session
- Interval (reminder) timer and bell to help you stay focused and keep track of time
- Progress indicators to show you how far you are into your meditation session with a simple peek
- Progress reports and stats to help you keep track of your progress
- Ability to turn off your device's screen (using the top button) and use the bells for walking meditation sessions
- Ability to run Ensō in the background to use its bells and progress tracking features while running another app in foreground (to play a guided meditation for example!)
- Distraction-free mode when you set your device on silent to prevent text message sounds, etc. Ensō can still chime meditation bells even when the device is set on silent.
Ensō Pro (available via an in-app purchase) adds powerful new features to Ensō and makes it an even better companion for your mindfulness and meditation practice.
With Ensō Pro you can:
- setup reminders for your sessions and get notified with 12 beautiful chimes - exclusively created for Ensō
- save your settings as presets that can be selected manually or automatically using Ensō's Intelligent Presets
- search for your presets in spotlight and activate them by selecting them (iOS 9 only)
- play your favorite guided-meditation or music during your session using Ensō's in-app audio player
Ensō comes with a free gorgeous-sounding default bell. Additional bells are available as in-app-purchases. Ensō is a universal app and runs beautifully on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
We never disturb your session with a review request. If you enjoy using Ensō, please consider leaving us a review.
Thank you for your continued support of Ensō!
This update includes minor bug fixes and improvement.
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions or just wanted to say hi, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And last but not least, if you love Ensō, please consider leaving a good review and help spread the word. We really appreciate it.
The Ensō Team
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely, simple, unique app
The free bell tone is nice--not too high or annoying; the design is minimalist and pleasing; and--most important to me, for my own needs--the count-doen timer has an optional setting that allows the user to see only a circle "disappearing" in a clockwise motion, and no numbers. That isn't actually important to me for my own meditation, but I use it during my work with children (who either don't understand time or generally get fidgety about *time*)--the simple circle option is even calming for then. I'd get the paid version (& likely will anyway), but the two features I'd want added aren't (unless I'm missing something) provided in the paid version: (1) the ability to separate, or just even delete, certain "sessions" (so that my work-related use isn't counted as my own meditation use), and (2) the option of three bell strikes at the end of session (which is typical of the meditation I practice). Again, though, great app!
Just the right features
I love this beautiful app. I’ve tried a number of different meditation apps, and this is the best for my needs. The ability to turn-off social features is a plus, as is the ability to play a playlist from music on the device or just sit silently. I suppose it would be easy to use this feature to play a recorded “guided” meditation from any source, if in the correct format. I need to give that a try.
It seems that the timer doesn’t record sessions which end before the originally scheduled time, unless I’ve missed something. If you plan 20 minutes, but sit for only 10, then you get no record of it in the app or in Apple Health. The ability to record an interrupted session would be a welcome addition, as would open-ended sessions. I like to record Tai Chi as “moving meditation.” To do that, the timer would have to allow for an indefinite time. I second Poppy-A-K’s request for a three bell option at the end of a session.
Anyone looking for a simple, elegant meditation timer, should really give it a chance. Well done!
Ensō is a very good meditation timer. It has a simplistic user interface and keeps total meditation time. An easy improvement would be to increase the start time to 5 minutes instead of 60 seconds, and also increase the total meditation time to 5 hours instead of only 1 hour.
The interval timer I don’t use, it’s always set to 0 with the interval bell turned off. It maybe a feature to be gotten rid of. But in its current form it causes no harm. If these changes were made, it would a product that I would pay money for. As is, it’s a good “free” meditation timer.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Webmark Interactive Inc.
- 28.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Webmark Interactive Inc.