The surf report app that gives you simple, beautiful and easy to read surf forecasts.
Epic was carefully designed to provide access to the most important forecast information with the minimum user interaction. You can see at a glance the most critical today's conditions right from the spot view and optionally get deeper into the details with a detailed forecast for the upcoming days. Built with love, by surfers, to surfers.
== Spot View ==
Quickly check today’s conditions at a glance, for all your spots:
- How is the swell evolving through the day?
- What's the wind direction and speed?
- How is the weather right now?
- How is the current tide, and what time is the next one?
== Forecast ==
The forecast view allows checking all the surfing relevant conditions - swell, wind, tide and weather - providing:
- 7-day detailed forecasts
- Beautifully designed layout
- Sticky chart, giving context to the analysis
- Convenient colour scales
- Indication of best surfing hours based on defined alerts
- Reorderable to your own preference
== Alerts ==
Define spot alerts and be notified when the surf conditions are epic!
- Choose when you want to be notified
- Pick the best spot conditions
- Partially match conditions, having some always required
- Set & forget: Epic will alert you!
== Spot Search ==
Epic features a selection of well-known worldwide spots. Add spots by:
- Searching by spot name or any other location
- Browsing the map
- Tapping anywhere on the map
== Widget ==
The Epic widget allows to quickly check for today's conditions of your favourite spot from anywhere on your phone.
== And More! ==
- Shortcuts: Take advantage of new iPhone's pressure-sensitive 3D Touchscreen:
- Quickly check for today's conditions of your favourite spot
- Open Epic right on your spot’s page
- Work Offline: no internet access required while fetched forecast stills valid
- Multiple units supported
== Premium User Benefits ==
- 7-Day Forecasts: plan ahead your surf sessions.
- Frequent Data Refreshes: always get the latest, up-to-date forecast through the day.
- No Ads: only a clean and sleek UI.
- Alerts: be notified when your spot is epic.
- Unlimited Spots: is any of your spots pumping?
- Widget: today's conditions at a glance.
== Data Sources ==
Forecast data comes from a range of sources, including NOAA Wavewatch 3, NOAA GFS, Météo-France, Deutscher Wetterdienst, UK MetOffice, FCOO, FMI, YR, SMHI, and others.
Tidal predictions are based on a worldwide data set of tidal constituents and, in addition, tide station data is used for coastal regions.
== Feedback ==
We would love to hear from you!
Please provide us feedback on the features you would like to see in Epic, for reporting issues, or just say hello!
Epic - Surf Forecast allows free usage of the application without charging, but with limited functionality. For full access, you can unlock all features and remove advertising by opting for auto-renewing subscriptions based in-app purchases offered:
- Choose from subscription options
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• New: replaced tidal system with a more accurate one, with multiple tide datums supported (reference levels). Tidal predictions are based on a worldwide data set of tidal constituents and, in addition, tide station data is used for coastal regions.
• Fixed: unable to load Today extension errors
• Fixed: potential crashes when changing app settings
• Improved: app launch time
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Breath of fresh air for forecast apps
Loving this so far. I can open the app and immediately see what’s going on at a glance for wind, swell, tides, etc which is AWESOME. UI design is a breath of fresh air compared to everything else out there. Using free version for now but will prob subscribe soon so I can use widgets and multiple spots
Keep it up!
Love the UI and beautiful design of this app. It’s easy to see at a glance what’s going on. That would be great if the surf forecast info here were accurate or at least close. For example today Epic says that Huntington Beach is over 10 Ft. When it’s actually closer to 4 Ft. The report within app does not accurately reflect what surf height at beach will actually be. Its apparently 1 buoy readout, and not taking into account other factors. Would never pay for this unless they are going to give accurate report. Right now it’s a only serving as a tide and wind meter for me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your honest feedback. I have been working lately on greatly improve the overall forecast data quality of Epic. Please take a look at the just released 1.4.0!
By far the most visually useful and beautiful surf forecast out there. Hands down, nothing else comes close. Doesn’t need any additional bells and whistles, I’d pay for premium if I could rely on the forecasting to be accurate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nuno Fernandes
- 57 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Nuno Grilo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (1 year) $19.99
- Premium (3 months) $6.99
- Premium (6 months) $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.