EpocCam HD takes webcam video quality to next level. Upgrade from 640x480 resolution 1080p FullHD video capturing all the details. Choose suitable bitrate for your network and computer. With EpocCam HD you can also manually choose USB-connection for stable streaming. Ideal for broadcasting.
EpocCam HD now also supports telephoto-camera on devices with dual cameras. Perfect for zooming if subject is bit further away.
With over 5 million users EpocCam is the most popular webcam app. EpocCam transforms your iOS device into wireless High Definition PC webcam for Windows and macOS. Replace your USB-webcam and integrated webcams now with wireless high-definition webcam. It's also a perfect baby monitor and pet cam.
Setting up EpocCam is very simple, anyone can do it. Just download EpocCam drivers for free to your PC/Mac and you're ready to go! Connection is fully automatic, no need for manual setup.
• High quality realtime video streaming to computer - quality comparable to most expensive USB-webcams
• Support both cameras - use device back camera for best quality and front-facing camera for easy self-portraits
• Connect wirelessly or using USB for best video quality
• New! EpocCam now supports Newtek NDI streaming
• New! Use telephoto camera to zoom
• Fully replaces USB webcam or integrated webcam, works with all webcam-enabled applications
• Full Windows 10 support including applications like Skype
• Automatic connectivity
• Over 20 feet wireless range (depending on signal strength)
• All data is secured with strong encryption to keep your videos private
• Use the flashlight in dark environment
• Tap to focus and autofocus modes
• Audio support, use your phone as a wireless microphone*
• Publish video to Syphon framework on Mac - use EpocCam as source to Isadora, Modul8, GrandVJ and other applications
*Available for Windows. Audio support for macOS is coming soon.
- iOS device running iOS 10.3 or later
- Computer running Windows 7 or later or Mac running macOS 10.10 or later
- WiFi network, 5 GHz WiFi recommended
See http://www.kinoni.com/epoccam_support.html for setup guide.
Fixed NDI output.
Ratings and Reviews
Using for twitch streaming
I started with the free version of this app. The free version works just as well as the paid version. I have not noticed any difference between the camera quality or the Wi-Fi quality between the two apps. However, my biggest complaint with the free version is that every so often a full screen ad will pop up on my phone that I have to click an X button to remove. This is frustrating to have to do on stream as my viewers see my finger clearly click the screen, even though the ad does not disrupt the video. With the paid version, there are no ads so it is not an issue. Additionally for anyone looking to use the front facing camera, you need to write a review for the app first. However, you can get around this by clicking write a review in the app and then simply hitting cancel on the review and it will still allow you to use the front facing camera. If you’re not worried about the ads inside the app, I would recommend the free version but if you are using this for any sort of streaming service I would get the paid one.
I’ve been using this app for quite some time now
Kinoni has apparently have had it with my ducking and dodging the questions and have voluntold me to rate and review (I’m kidding, though, right?) — and fair enough, I’ve been using this thing way too much for way too long to not have some opinion on this product. Granted, the only time I’m asked is when my dedicated webcams fall short and Old Faithful EpocCam picks up the slack and then leaves the others comparatively static. I didn’t know if this app was the bee’s knees of “turn my phone into a webcam”apps, not just because I never could figure out how to use EpocCam as a proper internet webcam device, but also the lack of parameters or expecting much better resolution. But it’s the only app that has remained in any use from any cam/phone apps I had tested; only EpocCam is left. It’s grounded. And reliable. And when it’s acting abnormally, it’s a small pool of suspects with a small pool of solutions.
**UPDATE** I found out that HD no longer compatible with EpocCam Viewer!
My Nikon 7200 DSLR kept throwing errors during a livestream today. I gave up and decided to make due with a Google search stumble and figure out how to use my iPhone - so glad I did.
I paid over $65 for SparcoCam to sync my Nikon, but it never worked as consistently as it should...too many bells and whistles to learn on the fly in a pinch. But this app worked right away in my test tonight, and I’m looking forward to using it tomorrow during day 2 of the livestream.
- Kinoni Oy
- 9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Kinoni
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.