Eponyms brings a short description of about 1800 common and obscure medical eponyms (e.g., Rovsing's sign, Virchow's node) to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A perfect tool to quickly look up the meaning of any eponym.
It uses the beautiful eponym database from Andrew J. Yee (http://www.eponyms.net/).
• About 1800 eponyms
• Full text search
• Browse by any of the 26 categories
• Star eponyms to keep track of the eponyms you tend to forget or with which you want to test your students on
• List of recently accessed eponyms
• Quick and easy learn mode
## Learn Mode
The learn mode allows you to:
• swipe to the left to show a random eponym but not its title
• swipe to the right to show a random eponym title but not its text
• pull down to reveal the hidden info
Learn mode displays eponyms from the category you're currently visiting. This means you can either learn eponyms from a given category, only the ones that you've starred or simply all of them.
Look out for the free student version of Eponyms: it's identical to to this version but free for educational purposes!
• Now in shiny 64-bit and able to accommodate all device screen sizes
• Added a handful of eponyms
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please buy this version-- don't use the free version unless you're a student
This is a welcome addition to the iPhone family of useful applications for the healthcare practitioner. Keep up the great work!
I've had this app on EVERY Palm I've owned over the last six years. Now that I can have it on my Touch, one more reason to drop the Palm completely!
Useful little app
Well worth the $1.99 for those who can't keep their Chvostek's Signs straight anymore.
- Ossus GmbH
- 19.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Pascal Pfiffner and Andrew Yee
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.