*Rated 1 of the 15 best psychology apps by CareersInPsychology.org!*
Pass the EPPP with confidence! With these flash cards, containing information similar to that found in other much more expensive study materials, you will be well on your way to joining the others who have passed the EPPP the very first time using our app!
Offering the most comprehensive mobile psychology study materials on the app store since 2010, StudyPsych’s EPPP Flash Cards consist of over 2,500 flash cards delineated by all of the content areas covered on the EPPP:
01. Ethics and Professional Issues
02. Diagnosis & Psychopathology (Abnormal)
03. Clinical Psychology
04. Learning Theory and Behaviorism
05. Industrial/Organizational Psychology
06. Lifespan Developmental Psychology
07. Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology
08. Research Design and Statistics
09. Test Construction and Interpretation
10. Social Psychology
11. Intellectual Assessment
12. Community Psychology
Plus 1,000 Practice Test Questions
The StudyPsych flash cards were designed by a licensed psychologist who has helped many pass the EPPP, comprehensive exams, and other psychology tests the first time. Users of these flash cards are provided with multiple study options, including:
- The ability to receive more information pertaining to a topic on a specific flash card by linking to the web from directly within the app. This is easily one of the most helpful aspects of our study system.
- Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: “Leitner (Short-term Goal)” and a more advanced “Spaced Repetition” mode
- Built in searchable "dictionary" of your cards that allows you to easily look up terminology while you are studying
- 3 response levels: I Don’t Know, I Know, I Know Well (compared to the standard “right/wrong”)
- FREE access to single-sided and double-sided printable PDF files of all of the flash cards, for those who would prefer that study modality
- Easy navigation – swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
- Incredible support! I make it a point to respond to all questions and feedback as soon as possible, whether it is about the flash cards, examinations, or psychology in general. Email me anytime for support.
This app does not require a network connection, so you can study whenever you want from wherever you are at!
Contact Info: StudyPsychEPPP@gmail.com
QUESTION 1: If I purchase the app on my iPhone, can I use it on other iOS devices?
ANSWER 1: YES! Purchase the app a single time and use it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices.
QUESTION 2: Is the app content updated annually?
ANSWER 2: We actually update the app’s content more than annually. However, it would be difficult to notice any significant changes, primarily because not much is added each year. In fact, all the “big guys” only say they update their material annually as a sales gimmick. Don’t take my word for it? Compare older study books (usually free at your school library) to the most recent books and you’ll notice the information is nearly an exact match.
QUESTION 3: Why does this app cost more than other EPPP apps?
ANSWER 3: A lot of time and effort was put into making this app, from condensing the most “need-to-know” information to linking the cards to websites. Also, ours is the most comprehensive mobile EPPP app, addressing every content area covered on the actual exam. The amount, quality, and presentation of the content in the others apps pale in comparison.
QUESTION 4: Is this app all I need to pass the EPPP the first time?
ANSWER 4: While we are uncomfortable making such assertions, many users who passed the exam have contacted us to tell us our app is all they used to study. With the option to retrieve more information about a particular topic provided on most cards, there really is no need to purchase other study materials! Rather, we recommend concerned users get their hands on an old (free) set of study books and use them alongside our app.
Updated to reflect new app website - www.studypsych.info
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good for learning but shouldn’t be your only guide
The format is great for memorization and for applying knowledge to situational questions, but some of the information is incorrect. It’s a great addition to other, more carefully edited (more expensive) study guides. Update: I passed! I was consistently getting 65-70% right on this app, so I was worried, but I got a 690 on the actual exam, despite the fact that there was a lot on there that I’d never seen before and lots of questions where I was guessing between 2 good answers. So this app definitely helped and was worth the money. Good luck everyone!
It’s good, but . . .
Appears comprehensive and is certainly easy to work through in a fairly through and focused way. However, there are a fair number of typos and oddly worded questions, so that you can’t really tell what is being asked for until you go to the answer. In addition, there are some areas in which content/answers conflict with the content of other study guide publishers and other areas where biases are fairly blatant (“praying over the sick is an example of superstitious behavior,” some of the ways in which questions on gender/LGBTQ are worded, etc.). This makes me nervous as a near-future test taker, but other positive reviews have convinced me to go forward. We’ll see.
Very Useful for 2019 EPPP
At the recommendation of a colleague I purchased this app to study for the EPPP. I kept meticulous track of my study habits and can report the following:
I got a 688 on my first attempt after 173 hours of total study prep time. 56% of that time was spent using this app, 27% using a 2-year-old set of prep books, and 16% reading the DSM-5 or other misc. studying. This was very relevant to my overall prep and I would highly recommend. I would also recommend supplementing w/ some individual study/review and/or some of the prep books from the last few years.
The developer, StudyPsych, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.