Typeset resolution-independent math expressions & equations using LaTeX markup. Edit equations. Export to a PDF or PNG, or drag and drop to another app (Pages, Word, Numbers, Keynote, iBooks Author, PowerPoint, etc).
* No LaTeX install requirement.
* No internet connection required.
* Equations are rendered as you type.
* Support many (but not all) commands available in LaTeX.
* Drag and drop, export as PDF (for best resolution), SVG or PNG.
* Syntax and bracket highlighting.
* Palette to help you recall commands.
* Save equations for later use.
* Drag PDFs created with Equation Maker back into Equation Maker to restore equation.
* Basic error reporting.
Note: to drag PDF equations from Pages back to Equation Maker: 1) select the PDF image in the Pages document and then 2) on the right select Image tab and drag the small PDF icon from Pages to Equation Maker (the rendering area).
* bug fixes (extra spacing bottom of equation in exports)
Ratings and Reviews
Nice and simple
I just bought this application, but in my first day I am finding it robust and yet simple to use. The interface is clean and the options are well-organized. This is a great app at a great price. My one complaint is that it does (seem) to allow me to put spaces in my formulae. At times, I use words or phrases in my equations and it would be nice to be able to control them better with spaces. Otherwise, well done!
Did exactly what I needed, easily
My finance professor wife needed some help with online class materials, during the COVID-19 shutdown. I bought Equation Maker, hoping it would facilitate making the equations she needed. It took maybe 10 minutes or less to learn how to use it. I was very impressed by how clever the little app is. It just works. I loved how you can drag the equations into Word and then resize them so easily. Very, very clever. It seemed perfectly stable -- never hung or crashed.
Just what I wanted!
This app is similar to the free LaTeXit but with several nice benefits:
1. the drag and drop feature is nice.
2. It can save your previously entered expressions so you can load them and continue editing. The save and load is a one-click interface that is very slick.
3. It doesn’t require you to have LaTeX on your hard drive, so if you edit LaTeX in the browser with an online service like Overleaf (which is awesome), then you can delete TeX off your mac.
It doesn’t allow draw and drop directly to Affinity designer (which is the best software for making vector illustrations), but if you drag to the desktop, it drops a PDF file there, which you can then drag into Affinity.
Basically, this is perfect for generating small snippets of LaTeX output for inserting into illustrations and presentations.
The developer, Hokua Software LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hokua Software
- 3.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Hokua Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.