Get the App already used by over 5000 veterinary professionals worldwide. Covering over 700 separate dose regimens (for over 440 different drugs) this is a complete reference for any veterinarian treating horses.
This mobile formulary is intended for Veterinary Professionals, including veterinarians, veterinary students, veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians and veterinary pharmacists and pharmacologists. Both the British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) and Equine Veterinarians Australia (EVA) also offer this App free to their members as part of their membership benefits package.
• Please read the End-User Legal Agreement (EULA) before downloading this application.
• The database of drugs is updated at least every 3 months.
• The emphasis is on quality of information and this App details the drug doses we actually use together with a reference for the dose. • Drugs can be searched for by generic name or alternative name, including many trade names. Incorporates a handy dose calculator function (with the dose range automatically filled in) to generate the correct dose for any individual patient as well as a continuous infusion calculator for drugs such as lidocaine, insulin and many others. • Notes are provided for every drug, and user notes can also be added to each drug • There are notes on use in competition, including detection times published by the FEI, RMTC, EHSLC and USEF. • Contains information about the safety of each drug in pregnancy, based on available information in horses and other species • Developed by Dr Kevin Corley DACVIM DACVECC for Veterinary Advances this is an essential resource for practitioners, students, residents and specialists alike.
Submit any comments or suggestions for drugs to be included in updates at www.veterinaryadvances.com.
There is a short video demonstrating some of the features on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/VeterinaryAdvances) From Equine Veterinary Education, 23(2):105, 2011 (reviewing version 1.2): "I must admit that initially I was sceptical on having to use an iPhone App to find drug doses. However, its ease of use and with a full range of drugs listed I found myself using it more and more." "...it delivers a good value basic, user friendly formulary that is ideal for checking up on doses and specific drug interactions/side effects."
• A subscription is charged to allow for frequent updates of the data.
Bug fixes for subscriptions on iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Razor Blade Model
I purchased this app and started using in 2011 or 2012 on the recommendation of a prominent internal medicine specialist from Texas. The first 6 years were wonderful and full of useful drug calculations, safety/efficacy data, and research! However like many companies a purchase of software doesn’t equal a purchase anymore, rather instead they decide to go with the “razor blade” model and charge a subscription fee. I find this contractually objectionable and borderline irresponsible to the equine profession. Is your goal to make money with the app or provide a service to your colleagues? I do find the app very useful for young equine vets especially in their internship. I hope one day the developers and Dr. Corley will keep their contractual word to the vets that gave this app a chance in the first place! It would very well be a 5 star app in that case.
A must-have app for the veterinarian or student!
I am really happy with this app. It's originally made for the iPhone or iPod Touch, but guess what!.... It works equally well on the iPad, which is what I own. It functions beautifully and now I have all equine drug references at my disposal. So far, so good... no bugs. It seems to work flawlessly.
This app is really well-made and informative, with hundreds of drugs for reference from A - Z. You can also find drugs according to its category (ie, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, etc), and it also enables you to calculate the drug dosage by inputting the body weight and what not. Each drug reference comes with a small set of notes, which is equally helpful.
Bravo, Equine Advances, and thanks for this amazing application!!
Do not buy it
I bought this app a long time ago. It stopped working because now developer wants more money for it. I think it is fraudulent practice to sell something then deny access to it and charge again but for more money and on subscription basis?
- Sycamore Lodge Equine Hospital Ltd
- 14.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2018 Veterinary Advances Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.