Welcome to the Equipd Bible - a powerful Bible reading and personal study app.
What makes the Equipd Bible different from other Bible apps? It has been carefully optimised for daily workflows, from using in the ministry, to daily bible reading and collating your favourite scriptures and study notes. Use it one-handed on your iPhone or in split-screen mode on your iPad. Look up selected verses with the fastest copy scripture tool ever. Personalise this Bible app and make it your own.
* Load compatible Bibles in EPUB format from the Equipd website or other approved sources. Check www.equipd.me/bibles for more information.
* View different Bibles side-by-side for easy comparison. Or read just one Bible full-screen.
* Load multiple languages side-by-side for sharing in the ministry with those from different cultures. Great for language learners.
* Bible Reading Schedules with reminder notifications. You can setup one or multiple schedules at a time. Never get behind on daily Bible reading again.
* For Chinese users or learners ... automated Pinyin, Zhuyin (Bopomofo), Sidney Lau, or Yale romanization can be generated and shown in 2-line format above the Simplified or Traditional characters.
* For Japanese users or learners ... automated Furigana or Romaji in 2-line format.
* Jump from viewing just the selected verses to the Chapter window to get the full context.
* Multiple ways to look up scriptures. Use the 3 scrollers at the top, or the Bible Picker accessed from the toolbar. Use the double-tap or "shake" gestures to show the Picker - great for one-handed use on the iPhone.
* Add study notes against verses. View notes for the current chapter in a side-panel (iPad and iPhone Plus). Access all notes from the toolbar.
* Import MP3 files for offline audio. In Safari locate a MP3 ZIP file and "Open in..." the Equipd Bible.
* The easiest "Copy" scripture feature you have ever seen. Great for copying scriptures into note-taking apps.
* Bookmarks organised by topic or category. You can even put a comment against a bookmarked scripture to highlight a main point or line of reasoning.
* History of scripture lookups.
* Backup and Restore of verse notes and bookmarked scriptures, with backup reminders.
* Clipboard Lookups - just copy a scripture from another document or app, and then open Equipd ... Equipd will try and look it up for you!
* A powerful URL scheme so that you can create links to open scriptures in the Equipd Bible from external apps or documents. The Equipd Bible implements the x-callback-url scheme for developers to integrate with.
* Streamlined workflow and screen rotation for all devices from the iPhone 4S to the larger iPhone 6 Plus, and of course it works great on the iPad. iOS 7 or above is required.
* Split Screen support for iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro.
Please view the website and forums on www.equipd.me for more details and support. All official support is in English, but community users may offer support in other languages.
I sincerely hope the Equipd Bible app can help you to be "completely equipped for every good work"! — 2 Timothy 3:17.
If you enjoy Equipd Bible, you might also enjoy...
*** ServicePlanner ***
A new Field Service and Ministry App with automated Dropbox Sync, full Call and Return Visit Management, Reporting, Time Scheduling and much more.
Improved language detection.
Positive reviews on the App Store are incredibly helpful. If you are enjoying the Equipd Bible and feel inspired to leave a review it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your support.
Check out ServicePlanner - the new Ministry App:
Ratings and Reviews
Had to update this review again because it only gets better. Love the new feature of being able to put the Strong's concordance number on the notes. To do it, I select the verse I'm wanting to annotate, then turn on only the new world Bible and the king James. I click on the word I want in the king James, note the Strong's number in the pop up, click on the word in the new world to bring up a note and type in the Strong's number. It really adds to my Bible study.
I'm using the bookmarks, the notes, love the feature of linking the note to a word in the verse. The new scheduler is great! I've got two schedules set. Plus as I do my bible reading I can save research right at the verse in a note.
I'm currently saving bookmarks and notes for field service, using the different bookmark folders categories and adding more as I need them. I add a note to a bookmark to remind me of how I want to use it.
This app indeed supports NWT Chinese Pinyin
The only reason I purchased this app was to use NWT Chinese pinyin bible.
Looking at the description images in the AppStore made me believe that this app supports Chinese Pinyin but the image in the AppStore is not of the New World Translation (it is Chinese Union Version) It is so misleading.
Lot of people are purchasing this app thinking that they are getting the NWT Chinese Pinyin bible so please explain this clearly in the description.
I know there is a list of bible that this app supports in the developers website but most of users will not visit the website prior to purchase.
If I am making some kind of mistake and this app indeed supports NWT Chines Pinyin bible then my apologies and I will adjust my review.
Update: following developer’s instructions I was able to install NWT Chinese Pinyin bible. The best thing about this app is that it supports split screen so I can have my note taking app on one side and equipd bible on the other. Thank you for clarifying my problem and my apologies. I have changed my rating from one star to five star. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi @1shlee. Sorry for any confusion. Yes, the app does indeed support the NWT Chinese with Pinyin.
To be clear the app is an EPUB reader, and there is no NWT Pinyin EPUB. You need to download a NWT Chinese Simplified or Traditional EPUB (depending on what characters you prefer) and then when the Bible is installed you can choose to have Pinyin, Yale, Zhuyin (Bopomofo) or Sidney Lau romanisation added. i.e. the app is doing the work.
There are several explanations of how to do this, and even a video tutorial, in the Support Forums. Please see: equipd.me/how-to-install
I hope that clarifies things.
PS: If this all makes sense it would be great if you could amend your review/rating. Any questions please let me know - email@example.com.
Take Bible study to a new level
The ease of navigation, multiple verse selection, and simultaneous display of multiple Bibles (languages) makes reading enjoyable, and foreign language learning easier to accomplish. Notes provide a powerful and flexible way to store and access research on verses, with text formatting, links to other verses, website pages and images/artwork, and other apps, especially note taking apps that store broader or more in-depth research. In addition to supporting grouping or tagging of verses, bookmark topics support comments on verses in the context of the topic. This is useful for verse chains or note taking during talks.
- iMatt Solutions Limited
- 126.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iMatt Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.