• Try this version & upgrade to premium w//n for more features
• Still no subscription required!
• More inclusive learning environments, one discussion map at a time!
Elevate the voices in your classroom & help your students to reflect and grow!
Provide Instant Feedback – Nurture Reflection – Ignite Collaboration – Promote Equity
The animated discussion maps are ideal for Socratic seminars, Spider Web Discussions™, Harkness®* discussions, Literature Circles, or anytime students interact.
Effortlessly chart & record your students’ interactions to graphically illustrate levels.
The discussion maps, instant analytics & animated playback at multiple speeds will spur discussion & engage everyone in deeper reflection!
Focus on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) at the classroom level!
STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Up to 20 participants per group
• Playback the discussion maps in real time or in fast forward
• Feedback frames to show participation by time, times spoken, gender equity, & overall equity.
• Include or exclude participants or the teacher from the data to see how dynamics change
• Select & listen to any speaker from the discussion & view notes linked to their participation
• Improved participant analytics: see each time a student spoke & playback what they said, or play from the person who spoke before/after
• Save classes & groups for easy access
• New icon colors & patterns
• Easy Zoom integration for Virtual lessons
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM with one in-app purchase to access the following:
• Up to 40 participants / group with unlimited seating options
• Quick edit feature- now on one screen
• Select & listen to any speaker & view notes linked to their participation
• Track student contributions with enhanced Checknotes & notations
• Access to 17 Checknote templates or customize them for yourself
• Save classes & groups for easy access or import from .txt file
• Export data to CSV files to track data over time
NEW PREMIUM FEATURES:
• Debrief w/students individually! Review contributions of any one student in the improved participant analytics: see each time the student spoke & playback what they said, or play from the person who spoke before/after, review notations for that student, participation data, or Checknotes… all on one screen!
• Give better student feedback! Take notes or write comments during the discussion that link to the speaker.
• Identify Markers: customize the groups w/n your class that you’d like to measure such as grade level, language level, race, seating area, or anything you’d like to see.
• Quick Edit Feature to set up your class much faster!
REFLECTIVE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• Simply tap on the participants’ icons when they speak & Equity Maps will do the rest by visually charting the interactions & calculating levels of participation.
• The “Feedback Frames” provide key statistics for teachers, students or group members: time spoken, times spoken, gender equity, or customize anything you’d like to measure with the premium version.
• Enhance your Socratic Seminars, Literature Circles, Harkness® (*) discussions, or full classroom discussions
• Monitor & assess Common Core Speaking & Listening Standards, ATL, Dialogic lessons, or seminar criteria
• Promote student involvement & self-reflection
FACILITATORS & GROUP LEADERS:
• Encourage deeper reflection of your group’s goals, norms & processes
• Give your boss an Equity Check & share how equitable your last meeting was
• Critical Friends Group® coaches & facilitators (CFG work) or in PLCs
EquityMaps® is a registered trademark at the USPTO / U.S. Pat. No 10,553,129
*EquityMaps has been developed completely independent of Phillips Exeter Academy & is not affiliated in any way with the academy.
Critical Friends Group® is a registered trademark of the National School Reform Faculty (NSRF®)
We've worked out a few small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Elementary Socratic Seminars will never be the same!
This app has been so useful in helping my students develop their skills and proficiency in Socratic Seminars. They find it highly motivational to see the connections as they're made and we’ve started using it in the goal setting and reflection phases as well. My principal came in when we were using it and was blown away by how we were using the data it provides. My students love to look at past feedback frames to see their growth over time. I highly recommend this app to anyone looking to delve deeper into Socratic Seminars and see great progress in the students’ ability to goal set and grow academically.
Socratic Seminar rocked - will use for small groups.
I borrowed this app to use with my class - when I projected the stats w/n the feedback frames, the students were glued to the screen. "Koastas, look how much you spoke!" said one student; "I wanted to say more but didn't have a chance," said another. Will add Equity Maps to the other iPads in class and let the students chart their small breakout group discussions and I will be able to listen after. This will free them up to have their own space, but also allow me to see where they are at with their understanding of the text. Looking forward to seeing what you add next. Would be great to be able to share the report frames.
Great app for teachers!
This is an extremely useful app for teachers. I used the beta version as well, and I am really impressed by the final version. It was clearly designed by a classroom teacher. My Grade 10 English students were surprised by the equity charts, and I noticed a big difference during the follow-up Socratic seminar. I was also impressed by how much this app helped me to grade classroom discussions. The new update is excellent—the ability to comment while recording means that I no longer need to keep written or typed notes. I am able to pay more attention to the class seminar.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Nelson
- 69.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © David Nelson
- In-App Purchases
- Equity Maps Premium v4.1 $7.99