Chart & record the interaction of students or colleagues to measure and graphically illustrate levels and types of participation. The instant analytics & animated playback at multiple speeds will help spur discussion and engage everyone in deeper reflection!
Effortlessly trace and assess your students' interaction, performance, & involvement! Classroom discussions, meeting debriefs, & post-observations will never be the same again!
With Equity Maps®, you can promote wider collaboration, engage students, and nurture reflection of teachers & students alike.
REFLECTIVE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• Simply tap on the participants’ icons when they speak & Equity Maps will do the rest by visually charting the interactions & calculating levels of participation for your group or class.
• “Playback” the diagram of interactions among participants in real time or in fast forward mode at various speeds.
• Use the record audio function & access selectable playback of individual participants to review your class or meeting—powerful for taking audio notes, or for reflecting on the dialogue of the group.
• Track the nature of each participants' contributions with CheckNotes, available in the Premium version--gain access to 17 templates or create your own.
• The “Feedback Frames” provide key statistics for teachers, students or group members:
-Display statistics of total time & frequency spoken for all participants.
-Measure involvement based on gender within the class or group.
-View statistics of shared time & involvement.
FEATURES: STANDARD -
• Quickly set-up your class or meeting, up to 20 participants
• Customize the class layout in “class mode” —circles or semicircles.
• View Feedback frames & playback the map
• Select from a variety of table arrangements.
• Save classes & groups for easy access.
PREMIUM - Available with In-App purchase to activate the following features:
• Expanded number of participants, up to 40
• CheckNote feature to track the nature of participants' contributions
• Access to 17 CheckNote Templates / create custom templates too!
• Expanded data in the Feedback Frames
• Export data to CSV files to track data over time
• New! Custom table settings are here!
• Access to all future premium updates through at least v3.0
• Enhance your Socratic Seminars, Literature Circles, group discussions, Harkness®(*) discussions, or full classroom discussions.
• Monitor & assess Common Core Speaking and Listening Standards, ATL, or seminar criteria.
• Promote student involvement & self-reflection.
• Easily assess student participation.
FACILITATORS & GROUP LEADERS:
• Encourage deeper reflection of your group’s goals, norms & processes.
• Equity Maps is ideal for your collaborative work:
- Critical Friends Group® coaches & facilitators (CFG work)
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
ADMINISTRATORS & INSTRUCTIONAL COACHES:
• Provide teachers with a visual perspective of their classroom instruction like they’ve never seen before!
• Revitalize reflective practices for teachers, present objective data to improve the scope & reduce anxiety of post-observation meetings.
• Make your classroom observations truly more meaningful & reflective.
• Gather objective data & access the “Feedback Frames” for deeper discussions about instructional practices, student involvement & classroom equity.
At Equity Maps we believe that true collaboration is possible only when diverse groups of people come together in dialogue to inquire, create, problem solve, & innovate!
EquityMaps® is a registered trademark at the USPTO.
*EquityMaps has been developed completely independent of Phillips Exeter Academy & is not affiliated in any way with the academy.
Critical Friends Group® is a registered trademark of the National School Reform Faculty (NSRF®)
Now more inclusive with non-binary and really cool icons to match!
So excited for this version
Removed a few small issues too
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Socratic Seminar rocked - will use for small groups.
I borrowed this app to use with my class - when I projected the stats w/n the feedback frames, the students were glued to the screen. "Koastas, look how much you spoke!" said one student; "I wanted to say more but didn't have a chance," said another. Will add Equity Maps to the other iPads in class and let the students chart their small breakout group discussions and I will be able to listen after. This will free them up to have their own space, but also allow me to see where they are at with their understanding of the text. Looking forward to seeing what you add next. Would be great to be able to share the report frames.
Great app for teachers!
This is an extremely useful app for teachers. I used the beta version as well, and I am really impressed by the final version. It was clearly designed by a classroom teacher. My Grade 10 English students were surprised by the equity charts, and I noticed a big difference during the follow-up Socratic seminar. I was also impressed by how much this app helped me to grade classroom discussions. The new update is excellent—the ability to comment while recording means that I no longer need to keep written or typed notes. I am able to pay more attention to the class seminar.
Best Discussion App!
I have been looking for an app like this for many years!
Equity Maps is an amazing app for mapping conversations and then tracking various points of data. It’s easy to set up and use, which I appreciate as a busy middle school teacher and seminar facilitator. After initially mapping the discussion, there are a number of excellent debriefing tools available. My students love watching a sped-up replay of the discussion!
There are excellent pre-loaded templates for tracking different aspects of participation based on tuning protocols, Socratic seminars, Harkness-style discussions, and many more. By tracking important and relevant data, teachers can focus on specific skills, set clearer individual and group goals, and even write better report cards.
Essentially, this is a perfect app for all class discussions!
As a Socratic seminar expert myself, if I designed an app, it would basically be this one!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.