The Sentinel App is a gateway to knowing the Copernicus Sentinel satellites. It lets users track the satellites in real-time, discover their key elements, read the latest news and learn more about their products.
Users can, among other things, explore detailed 3D models of the satellites, see the last and next time they have been and will be over the user's location, move the satellites to the time of the last data transmission and smoothly move them back to their current location over the 3D globe. Notifications can also be set to be warned when the satellites are flying by.
ESA is developing a series of next-generation Earth observation missions, on behalf of the joint ESA/European Commission initiative Copernicus (previously GMES - Global Monitoring for Environment and Security).
The goal of the program is to replace current and older Earth observation missions, such as ERS and Envisat, which have reached or are close to reaching the end of their operational life span. This will ensure a continuity of data so that there are no gaps in ongoing studies.
Each mission will focus on a different aspect of Earth observation, such as Atmospheric, Oceanic or Land monitoring, and the data will be of use in many applications.
- Use the previous/next buttons of the search tool to browse through the upcoming acquisitions for a point of interest
- Look at full-resolution quicklooks of your search results thanks to the Sobloo DIAS
- Reset the orientation of the globe with a double tap
- Freely spin the globe without limits at the poles
- Display the product statistics on a 2D map
- Various improvements notably to the time widget
Ratings and Reviews
Lowest maps quality ever seen on a data base! More like a game rather than providing real live data.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.