"Reliable, relevant health advice for young adults who want to look after themselves and use medical services wisely" (Dr Dominique Thompson, Director, Students' Health Service, University of Bristol).
Concerned about a health problem? Not sure what to do next? Too embarrassed to seek help? The Student Health App (previously known as 'ESC Student') allows you to say goodbye to frustrating, confusing and sometimes dangerous online searches for health information. What's more, the app works offline (apart from the hyperlinks), so you can use the app on-the-go without the need for an internet connection.
How does the app help? Open the app and easily access over 900 pages packed with reliable health information - anywhere, anytime, and in private:
• Troubling health problems – check out what to do next and when to see a pharmacist, nurse or doctor
• Emergencies and general ill health – discover the truth about life-threatening illnesses as well as sleep problems, feeling stressed, and being tired all the time
• Common ailments – get to the bottom of headaches, find out how to treat your spots, and manage common aches and pains
• Mental health – find out what to do when you (or one of your friends) feel low or anxious, self-harm or are worried about drinking too much alcohol
• Useful links – get fast access to hundreds of links to useful further information
Which topics does the app cover? The Student Health App offers plain-talking reassurance, info and advice on over 125 topics relevant to students in areas such as...
> first aid & emergencies
> common ailments
> mental health problems
> physical (body) symptoms
> love and sex
> healthy living
> travel health
> alcohol & drugs
> long-term health problems
> staying safe at uni
> accessing health services…
Is it safe? In partnership with the University of Bristol Students' Health Service, the app has been co-created by medical doctors and students and is certified by the NHS England Information Standard as a source of clear, reliable and relevant health information.
Can universities have their own version? We can customise the app for universities - visit www.expertselfcare.com for details. We also review and update the app continuously, at no extra charge.
Are other student-facing apps available? You may want to check out our 'distrACT' app, offering support for young people who self-harm or feel suicidal. Other new student apps are in the pipeline, addressing student wellbeing and the needs of international students.
How do I find out about new apps? Stay tuned and like us on facebook (www.facebook.com/expertselfcare), follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/expertselfcare) and sign up for news through our website (http://www.expertselfcare.com/news/).
How can I give feedback? We will always try to improve this app further, and we'd appreciate your feedback. Please take time to rate the Student Health App on the App Store and complete a short anonymous feedback survey from within the app. Thank you!
Download your Student Health App today for quick, easy and discreet access to reliable health information!
Minor content update
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Expert Self Care Ltd
- 48.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Expert Self Care
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.