Esfera is a 3D strategy game inspired by chess. Two armies fight a battle on a spherical world made of a lattice of hexagonal and pentagonal cells.
It will push your strategic and tactical abilities to the limits. Fans of Chess, Go, Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) and Checkers love Esfera.
Checkmate your opponent by trapping the enemy king or marching your king around the world to claim the enemy king's home.
* Original and unique game concept inspired by Chess — only much more futuristic.
* Stunning translucent, 3D spherical surface.
* Full HD on iPad
* Tap pieces to see valid moves.
* Spin and twist the sphere by swiping with one or two fingers.
* Intelligent sphere and piece animations
* Two-player or player-vs-computer (AI)
* Automatic piece orientation provides optimal visibility
5-stars: "Scintillating idea. Streamlined controls and sublime visuals synthesise to create an almost perfect experience."
5-stars: "Almost THE BEST Brain-game I've seen - This game is fantastic on many levels."
5-stars: "Wonderful implementation - Wow- thankful. I love the way the bishops move in a teleport like fashion across the lines. (try the game to see what I mean). Truly great execution. If this is all original hats off and even if derivative the execution is top notch. I love how the game is not bloated either. It's under 1MB. Love it."
* Tap your opponent's pieces to see possible moves.
* Fixed crash on iOS7
* Full screen support on iPhone 5 and later
Ratings and Reviews
It's good because people can look over my shoulder and ask what I'm doing and then I feel smart
Great visual concept
This is an excellent adaption of chess, but what it gains from the design and execution, it loses from complexity. Possible moves are very difficult to understand without the "preview". Auto-rotation sphere after computer turn is confusing, too quick and should toggled on/off. Flipping pieces which are on the underside is cute but adds to the confusion.
Cannot attack when in "check". Please fix? Great game! I love it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.