The #1 bracket app is back and better than ever for the 2021 NCAA Men’s and Women’s College Basketball Tournaments! Compete against friends, ESPN personalities and celebrities to see who finishes with the best bracket. Did we mention it’s totally free to play, and you have a chance to win prizes and even a trip to Hawaii for the 2021 Maui Jim Maui Invitational basketball tournament?
- Create up to 25 brackets and enter each bracket in up to 10 different groups to play against friends, celebrities, ESPN personalities, and fans across the nation. The more brackets you fill out, the greater your chances to win!
- Fill out your Women’s Tournament Challenge brackets directly in the app! Create up to 25 different brackets for the women’s tournament for free and you could have a chance to win prizes!
- Finish your bracket in seconds by auto-filling with top seeds, a Smart Bracket powered by ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, or completely random. You can also import a bracket, make some tweaks, and submit another bracket!
- You can even start a bracket, such as by choosing your champion, and let ESPN finish the rest for you, either randomly or with our Smart Bracket logic powered by BPI!
- View details on each matchup to make informed picks, including season and historical performance information for each team and video previews for each game of the tournament.
- Looking for an extra edge? Subscribe to ESPN+ and get access to Bracket Predictor, Bracket Analyzer, and expert analysis for game-by-game insights to help you win. Additionally, get access to thousands of live streaming events and ESPN originals on ESPN.com, ESPN App, and connected TV devices. You can purchase ESPN+ directly in the app.
ESPN+ Subscription Terms:
- You will automatically be billed for the full amount of your subscription every 30 days if you purchase a monthly subscription, or every 365 days if you purchase an annual subscription.
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless you are offered and are eligible for a free trial. If you receive a free trial, you will be charged when your free trial period ends. Your account will be automatically charged for renewal, at the above purchase price, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. If you cancel prior to such 24 hour period, you will not be charged for the following applicable subscription period.
-Your subscription may be managed, and you can turn off auto-renewal, by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase.
-No refunds for the current subscription period are granted. Cancellations of the current subscription take effect at the conclusion of the current subscription period.
ESPN+ Subscriber Agreement - https://es.pn/plus-terms
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
-Your California Privacy Rights - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/current-privacy-policy/your-california-privacy-rights/
-Do Not Sell My Information - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/dnsmi
- Women’s Tournament Challenge is now in the Tournament Challenge App! Fill out up to 25 brackets for the women’s tournament and you could have a chance to win great prizes!
- Our new “Finish My Bracket” feature lets you start a bracket with some picks you feel good about, and then let ESPN do the rest! Try picking your Champion and letting “Finish My Bracket” fill in the rest, either randomly or using our Smart Bracket logic powered by ESPN’s Basketball Power Index (BPI).
- We streamlined and modernized the app for 2021 to give you the smoothest bracket experience.
- Subscribe to ESPN+ to gain the edge on your competition. From Bracket Predictor and Bracket Analyzer to expert analysis, you’ll get the game-by-game insights to help you win. As a subscriber, you also get access to thousands of live streaming events and ESPN originals on ESPN.com, ESPN App, and connected TV devices.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don’t bury the women’s tournament
The app is a lot of fun. I appreciate the opportunity to fill out lots of brackets (one in which my fave teams win, one in which I predict lots of upsets, etc.). I like the auto fill options as well. But I care as much about the women’s tournament as the men’s, and I’m surprised that the women’s tournament is still an afterthought. It is a hassle to have to dig for it (and dig even deeper to get the game times). What’s worse, after I dig down to game level within my bracket, there is no way to go back one screen to the bracket. The only option is to hit exit, which sends you back to “Play More Games” level, where you have to select “play” the women’s tournament. Come on! Maybe you should just create a separate app for the women’s tournament. But I’ll give you credit for including the women’s tournament in the app; the NCAA’s own March Madness app doesn’t include anything about the women’s tournament! Crazy!
Not so easy
I was excited for the tournament looking forward to filling out my bracket, but as I got going it became quite obvious that it will require more work and maneuvering around the app than it really should. Inviting friends and family to play along and join our private group was painful and way more complicated than expected. My hope that next year ESPN puts in a little bit more work on developing more user friendly features within the signing up process...go Zags!
Great app if you’re sighted. Extremely inaccessible.
I’m a sighted person and use this app every year for March madness. I didn’t realize how inaccessible the app is until I organized a league for my coworkers this year. We have 4 or 5 blind coworkers participating and all of them needed some level of assistance filling out their brackets, which is a shame because the app should really be compatible with Voice Over. Most of the buttons don’t have labels, and the elements aren’t being selected as a group when picking a team, so you can’t even tell which team you’re selecting. I design our accessible mobile app for our company and baking in accessibility really isn’t that hard. Disappointed in ESPN and hope you make changes for next year, even if it’s using a promotion with Aira to provide on demand assistance for the BLV community.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ESPN Inc.
- 89 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2021 ESPN Inc
- In-App Purchases
- ESPN+ 7 Day Trial (Monthly) $4.99
- ESPN+ Monthly $4.99
- ESPN 7 Day Trial (Yearly) $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.