Essential Anatomy is the most successful anatomy app of all time, with more content, features, structures and ease of use than any other anatomy app — bar none! Now with over 8,200 structures including female 3D model.
Download our FREE "Essential Skeleton" app in the free section to experience our groundbreaking 3D technology.
NOTE: Not compatible with MacBook Pro (2008) or earlier due to graphics card limitations.
- - Number 1 Top Grossing Medical App in 117 countries worldwide.
- - This app is the only one that can combine 3 stand alone apps. Don’t waste your time purchasing other stand alone apps for Muscle Premium and Skeleton Premium content - it’s all available with a price effective "in-app purchase" and just a fraction of the cost other companies charge. In Essential Anatomy - everything is available in one app (see in-app purchases below).
- - Stunning Graphics: No competitor comes close. Essential Anatomy’s proprietary engine was developed and optimized to showcase our new generation anatomical models for a completely immersive user experience. Other 3D Anatomy apps are limited by off-the-shelf gaming engines.
- - Easy Navigation: Instantly and seamlessly zoom into any area of the body, remove layers of muscle and turn on/off systems. Other apps are restricted to a multitude of limited predefined “views”.
- - Accurate Content: Essential Anatomy is used by hundreds of Anatomy Professors worldwide and has become the standard in third level education. In many cases, our app is now mandatory with text books optional.
- - Read the reviews of previous versions: Our visionary app has enhanced the lives of reviewers, both professionally and academically.
TUAW: "Make no mistake about it: Essential Anatomy by 3D4Medical is the future of touch-based anatomy learning. Essential Anatomy is an app every doctor, physiotherapist, OT, nurse and medical student should own."
IN APP PURCHASES:
In-app purchases allow additional muscle and skeletal content to be downloaded and accessed from within the app. These boosts add muscle insertion and origin points, skeletal bone parts and surfaces and 100s of animations detailing movements for each articulation.
Visit www.3D4medical.com and watch videos that highlight the app's functionality and quality. You’ll understand why Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful medical reference app of all time!
ESSENTIAL ANATOMY 5
Essential Anatomy 5 is a full-featured anatomical reference app that includes MALE and FEMALE models, with 11 SYSTEMS and a total of 8,200 ANATOMICAL STRUCTURES. The app is fully 3D, meaning that you can view any structure in isolation, as well as from any angle. It represents the latest in groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design. A cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, custom built by 3D4Medical, delivers outstanding quality graphics that no other competitor can achieve.
--Cutting-edge 3D technology
--Over 8,200 highly detailed anatomical structures
--Hide/Fade/Isolate/Fade Others/Hide Others options for individual structures
--Multiple Selection Mode
--Pins: Create customized pins with notes and place anywhere on the 3D model
--Slice: Slice through certain structures using 3D plane tool
--Bookmarks: Preset and Customizable
--Correct audio pronunciation and Latin nomenclature for every structure
--Search via English and Latin nomenclature
--Dynamic Quiz: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
--Share images via social media and e-mail
--Includes anatomy for 11 systems: Skin, Skeletal, Muscles, Connective Tissue, Veins, Arteries, Nerves, Respiratory, Digestive, Urogenital, Lymphatic, also includes the Brain and Heart
Feedback or Question? Contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a prompt response!
Improved compatibility with MAC OS Monterey
Ratings and Reviews
The application is great. I’ve only noticed one drawback about the user experience. Why is there no functionality for moving the figure in the plane of view with a held right-click? I saw this in the trial version of Complete Anatomy while I was comparing the two applications.
Was Charged Twice!
I've only had the app for a day and find it absolutely amazing. I think it will make it much easier to learn the systems. BUT I downloaded this app on my Iphone first and even paid $10 extra to get the "full version" (which is great) Since I thought I would use this app alot, I wanted to download this on my MacBook. It charged me another $20 to redownload it! I don't understand cause in the discription at the bottom it states that it supports sharing/family sharing. I used the same Apple ID so I am really confused on why it recharged me! Yes, I chose to spend $25 but now I've paid a total of $45 for this one app!!!! I am not happy about this at all. I tried to conctact support but can't seem to get the website to work, it refuses to load/take me to the app support page. I will give this app 5 stars once I get the $20 refund! I really hope this app's support contacts me very soon so we can get this figured out. Please!
Seems plagued with continuous hardware issues?
* 2021 Update--
Downloaded it again as it says on the app page that it works with my system but that doesnt seem to be the case. I just get an error that its been damaged and needs to be reinstalled. I suppose its time to permanently throw this app in the garbage.
Mac Pro 2019
Big Sur 11.4
* 2020 Update--
Stopped using the app for quite some time until recently. Reinstalled on my Mac Pro 2019 with Catalina and when I tried to open it, it simply would continuously open and close for a couple of minutes before displaying an error with a message to reinstall it. So I did.
Seemed to fix the issue but a week later it has happened again which is unfortunate as I was really able to use the software. So I will try to reinstall it again.
From an artists perspective I don't think it does a well enough job of presenting the muscles in a visual way that is helpful for artists. From a medical perspective it probably does what you need as it will give you the muscles and names. For my current project that is all I needed so it has worked well for me-until this happened.
Bought this when using Yosemite and it worked well but with El Capitan it simply hangs when I try to load it.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We would really like to work with you to resolve the error. Would you please contact our support team directly so that we can assist you? service.elsevier.com/app/contact/complete-anatomy. Thank you. -3D4Medical
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 699.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 3D4Medical.com LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Muscle System Plus $5.99
- Skeletal System Plus $5.99