Ethical Barcode exposes the environmental, social and ethical ramifications of the products you buy.
▸ HOW IT WORKS
• Scan product barcodes as you shop.
• Ethical Barcode will completely reveal the product's ownership and manufacturer.
• For each company in the chain you'll see relevant ratings, news and certifications from non-profit organisations.
• Spanning climate change, animal testing, GMO's, slave labor, sweat shops, LGBT rights and more.
• With this information you can shop with your heart as an ethical consumer, supporting brands that share your vision for our world.
• Instantly become an ethical consumer by making informed buying choices.
• Transparent ratings, news and certifications from non-profits and trusted third parties.
• Covering environmental, human rights, business and animal welfare issues.
• Eliminate green washing and deceptive branding to clearly determine a product's ownership.
new data sources, updates and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I told all my friends about this app before I even had a chance to use it and now I’m hoping they’ve had more success than I have. The scanner doesn’t work. I’ve uninstalled the app, updated it, tried everything but whenever I try to scan, the screen is black. It’s like something is blocking the camera but my camera works just fine. I really hope there is a solution to this, I’d love to be able to use this app and tell others about it.
Pretty good when it recognizes a product
Which doesn't seem to be often, I've scanned everything from my parents' GMO junk to my own vegan organic food brands and only a few showed up, like Dr. Bronner's.
Ethical shopping, yes please!
It's worked on everything I've scanned in my kitchen so far. Looking forward to trying it at the store!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.