Ethical Barcode exposes the environmental, social and ethical ramifications of the products you buy.
▸ HOW IT WORKS
• Scan product barcodes as you shop.
• Ethical Barcode will completely reveal the product's ownership and manufacturer.
• For each company in the chain you'll see relevant ratings, news and certifications from non-profit organisations.
• Spanning climate change, animal testing, GMO's, slave labor, sweat shops, LGBT rights and more.
• With this information you can shop with your heart as an ethical consumer, supporting brands that share your vision for our world.
• Instantly become an ethical consumer by making informed buying choices.
• Transparent ratings, news and certifications from non-profits and trusted third parties.
• Covering environmental, human rights, business and animal welfare issues.
• Eliminate green washing and deceptive branding to clearly determine a product's ownership.
new data sources, updates and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
"Try scanning a coke"
It told me to scan a coke instead of the first thing I scanned . I did. Then it told me it couldn't find it.
The good news is it knew everything else I scanned.
I told all my friends about this app before I even had a chance to use it and now I’m hoping they’ve had more success than I have. The scanner doesn’t work. I’ve uninstalled the app, updated it, tried everything but whenever I try to scan, the screen is black. It’s like something is blocking the camera but my camera works just fine. I really hope there is a solution to this, I’d love to be able to use this app and tell others about it.
Pretty good when it recognizes a product
Which doesn't seem to be often, I've scanned everything from my parents' GMO junk to my own vegan organic food brands and only a few showed up, like Dr. Bronner's.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.