EVTO 5 has refined the most popular EV trip planner app for phone sized devices. Plan trips on your phone with multiple waypoints. Explore charging options using the charger overlays, have EVTO decide where to charge for you. Save frequently-used locations like 'Home' to speed up trip planning. EVTO 5 is the only EV trip planner you'll need, and it's always with you.
EVTO is predominantly a subscription-based application, for both monthly or annual use. You can try EVTO for one week without commitment. With the free version you have all you need to plan day trips and you can subscribe to the extra features as needed. See http://www.digitalautoguides.com/#evto_main for all the features, help, tutorials and other valuable information before you install the application.
Please use the Feedback Report on the main menu or send an email to email@example.com if you encounter any issues while using the app.
The application takes into account your car's characteristics such as model, battery, charger, wheels, motors and tires along with your driving style. During planning the application collects en route weather, determines elevation gains/losses, uses wind speeds, temperatures, estimated speed, charging capabilities and your state of charge to help you discover the optimal trip with the least amount of total time expended.
You can save your trips* to be used over and over again, compare trips to each other using a variety of provided charts and graphs.
Standard Features Include:
• Optimized routing based on time
• Map based planning
• Automatic Supercharger allocation and charging times
• Trip limited to 500 mi / 800 km
• Add 3 stopover and charging waypoints of your own
• Automatic weather forecasts for route
• Weather energy calculation (temperature, wind, road conditions and precipitation)
• Show details of your trip
• Support for both phones and tablets
• Help on each panel and feature
• Graph energy (SoC) for the trip by distance
• Chart average energy consumption details by leg
• See and use non-Tesla chargers en route (USA Only)
• Create custom charging waypoints
• Share trips with other EVTO 5 Tesla users
• Full tutorials and web help
Currently the advanced features* include:
• Additional optimization by minimum distance, energy or stops
• Minimum waypoint stop times
• Adjust minimum SoC by waypoint
• Create round trips (out and back)
• Reserve energy at destination for local travel
• Multiple car support (up to 5)
• Automatically integrate the trips into your calendar and the cars navigation
• Compare trips with charts and tables
• Removal of trip length restriction
• Create master trips spanning multiple days/routes (trip segments)
• Add, delete and merge trip segments
• Support for towing, power and speed settings
• Experimental battery heating feature for Model S and X
• Export trip details for use in other programs (CSV)
• e-Mail trip itinerary
• Manage trips (store, delete, archive, restore, copy and reverse route)
* Requires subscription IAP
• The optional IAP subscriptions are for a period of 12 months or 30 days, whichever you prefer
• New subscriptions have a 1 week trial that can be cancelled for no charge during that period
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• The subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really want to like this app and will continue to try to make it work for me because the potential is high. Two problems that I am struggling to deal with seem pretty basic but I’ve found no resolution in the help section. First, I can’t plan a long distance trip (>~20 waypoints) without it telling me I need to break it down into segments (I have the subscription). That would assume I know good ways to break up the trip, but not knowing where the optimal charging points are, I can’t do that. I would like the app to auto segment a large trip for me after asking how far/long I want to drive each day. Instead I have to build the trip manually by looking at another source for the approximate trip route then attempt to recreate that with supercharger stops in the app. Time consuming. Second, if I change the destination for a trip, the app seems to get confused and dumps all the charging points, even after telling it to refresh auto charging points. My only option is to delete the whole trip and start over again. Not ideal.
Update: developer very responsive and working hard to improve the app. Still needs refinement but the app is getting better all the time. Will continue to update this review as the app progresses.
Developer Response ,
The restriction on the number of waypoints is because of a maps restriction and the fact that EVTO uses weather and the weather forecasts would be wrong for a continuous trip of that many stops. You have the right idea in using the segment feature for dividing the trip into days, which will be easier for you to manage and also create the correct weather forecasts that will more accurate depict your energy consumption. See the Rangefinder on the main menu to help you decide where to segment a trip.
We are sorry the app caused a problem for you if you change the destination. Please use the Feedback Report on the main menu to help us resolve any problems you encounter or to give us ideas for future features you would like considered.
Route Map Disappears Until Force Quit
I like the ability to create a big trip and divide it into daily segments, and have great hopes for this app. The problem I have is that it often stops displaying my route and stops on the map display. When it does that I fiddle around trying to get it back, then give up, force quit the application and restart. I am using an iPad Pro 11-inch with IOS 12.1.2 I have had the app for a couple of months, retrying it now and then. I use it in landscape mode with the apple keyboard/cover.
You have to have this if you own a Tesla
This thing is the most amazing app I’ve ever seen. Allows you to optimize your charging stops for a road trip. While this seems like it may be unnecessary given the on board route planner I can tell you this works much better. The onboard system tries to minimize stops (an option in this software) so it will make you drive as far as you can, then have a nice long charge stop. This software allows you several options, including min charging time. Thus, you can take more frequent shorter charging stops and minimize your driving time. Takes into account temperature, winds, elevation changes, etc to produce a very accurate consumption rate. I’m amazed every time how close it gets to the real rate. App allows you to send your route, all stops, to your onboard nav, via calendar entries. I love this thing.
And quick update, my wife drove our model X on a 90 mile road trip to the neighboring town. This software predicted the energy usage to within 1% of actual. (Ended up having 1% more).
- Chris Couper
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Sierra Software Solutions and Consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription Fee $9.99
- Monthly Subscription Fee $0.99
- Annual Subscription Fee $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.