Capture ideas when inspiration strikes. Find information fast. Share notes with anyone. From meetings and projects to web pages and to-do lists—with Evernote, everything’s in one place.
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can tackle action items on the go. Express yourself clearly with easy-to-use formatting options, and find what you need quickly with filtered searches and results as you type.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists. It’s the only organizer you need.
• Keep journals capturing the events and milestones of your daily life.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, handwritten notes, and drawings.
• Attach docs, PDFs, photos, and audio.
• Create separate notebooks to organize your receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote's powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start your work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
• Share your notes and notebooks with your friends, colleagues, or family.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal to-do lists to keep your thoughts organized.
• Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents.
• Save all of your travel documents, articles, and notes in one place.
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings, and parties.
• Use Evernote as a planner to organize your life and stay on task.
• Capture ideas and inspiration on the go.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Use it as your ultimate planner and organizer at work.
• Annotate documents during team meetings, then share with colleagues.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss important details.
• Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments.
• Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized.
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for research papers or class projects.
• Discuss and annotate notes, files, and essay drafts.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote's Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms
Welcome to the new Evernote for iOS! We’ve rebuilt the app from the ground up to make it easier for you to create notes quickly, customize them however you like, find them in an instant, and take them wherever you go.
- You now have more control over your notes’ appearance. Use semantic headers and tables to give structure to your notes. Or change fonts, colors, and highlights to add a personal touch.
- Checklists now get the VIP treatment they deserve. You can add list items, indent them, move them around—and enjoy the satisfaction of crossing them off with a single tap.
- Adding rich content (like audio, photos, attachments, and sketches) is quicker and easier with the new, multi-function Insert button.
- We redesigned the formatting toolbar to put your most-used options front and center. Bold/italic/underline, header level, font sizes and colors, multiple highlighter options, subscript/superscript, alignment, hyperlinking, and more—all right there at your fingertips.
- Save time—and taps. Get real-time search suggestions as you type to find what you're looking for faster.
- Filter your searches by tag, attachment, PDF, URL, and more. So even the most elusive notes will now appear at your command.
- Is searching your Evernote superpower? Like to combine keywords, tags, or locations to find exactly what you need? Now you can save those searches and use them over and over again with just one tap.
- The main screen has a cleaner, more modern look, so it’s easier on the eyes—and easier for you to get stuff done.
- We redesigned the document scanner to streamline how you capture information with your camera. In a flash, the app now automatically recognizes documents, Post-it(R) notes, whiteboards, or business cards, scans them for readable text, suggests the best options for capturing them, and adds them to your notes. Ta da!
- We’ve introduced nested tags to give you even more ways to organize and find information.
- This update moves the app to a new codebase that’s more stable and reliable, for fewer hang/crash errors.
- That new codebase means we can fix bugs quicker and release new features more often (yep, we’ve got some cool things already in development—join our Beta Program for a sneak peek!).
- Syncing data across different platforms and devices is smoother and more seamless than before.
This is a big update that we’re really proud of—and it’s just the start. We’re going to keep working hard, releasing updates, and finding new ways to simplify your life.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Daily staple, but has issues
I’ve used Evernote for years across all platforms - laptop, phone, and iPad. A while back they limited the free version to just two devices, so I dropped the iPad for my phone and laptop. I use Evernote for everything - work, personal notes, journal, recipes. Pretty much everything I ever write down goes into Evernote. I have no complaints about the desktop version, however the mobile app has been giving me so much trouble over the last year. It’s been a lot slower and crashes more often. None of my other phone apps do this, and my phone is running very smoothly, so I know it’s not the device. The other thing that really bothers me is that notes don’t stay open when the screen turns off or when you switch apps then switch back to Evernote. For example I use Evernote to store all my recipes, and while I’m cooking I’ll have the note with the recipe open, and then if I switch to my web browser to look up something, or my phone screen turns off, Evernote closes the note and it goes back to the main screen where all your notes are. This is super tedious and frustrating because then instead of looking at my phone to see what’s next in the recipe, I have to go back and search for the recipe again. It seems like a minor thing, but I think it’s pretty basic and should be addressed. If my phone was off for a long period of time I wouldn’t expect the note to stay open, but it’s always a matter of minutes if not less than a minute.
Useful but imperfect
This is still the best app for my needs, but it has plenty of annoying quirks. I've used Evernote for many years, with over 100 notes covering everything from the grocery list to future work plans to my son's college search. I find it helpful having access to all of these notes from my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and being able to share certain notes with specific family members or colleagues. None of its competitors offers the same combination of selective note sharing, table creation and editing, and text formatting.
Yet there are still quirks. Newly edited notes take a surprising amount of time to be saved, or must be saved manually - if you aren't careful about this and the note is later edited in another device, new versions of the note are created or sometimes appended to the end of the current note without warning you. Evernote on the Mac can change the font in notes, but not on iOS, and sometimes routine copy/pasting on iOS results in text with bizarre fonts that can't be fixed on that device. The use of Apple Data Detectors also means that anything Evernote thinks might be a phone number or calendar event is highlighted like a clickable link - I wish this could be turned off.
Lost photos I uploaded for recipes
I used to love Evernote until today. I bragged to all of my friends how great Evernote. I use it for many things including as a recipe storage. I am using Evernote basic. However, today the App lost 2 of my recipes. I’m very frustrated. I had a special pasta recipe I was going to make with my son. I saw the photo of the recipe on my phone and when I clicked on it and opened it up the photo disappeared. I can’t seem to get it back in any way. I think this is a terrible thing to have happened. I tried to organize my recipes electronically and pitched the hard copies. Now I have lost that recipe and another. I clicked on another recipe from the app and that photo disappeared as I opened it. I think I took these photos in 2015. The app worked fine for a recipe photo I took in 2017 this morning but it losing older photos. This is unacceptable. I stopped opening recipe notes and went to the webpage on my Mac to open other recipes and the browser version worked fine with the other pasta recipes I added the same day. But now I have wasted an hour trying to no avail to restore the image. Because I’m a basic user, I’m not even able to email customer support. The app appears to be garbage right now if it loses photos while the web browser does not. I’m so disappointed.
- 135.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008 - 2020 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium $4.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.