Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists
• Create notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, screenshots, image files, audio, web clippings, and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, handwritten notes, and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss, and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share, and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture, and store every thought you need to stay productive
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos, and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximize productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
BETTER NOTE INTERACTION WITH 3D TOUCH
• Quick Actions for faster note creation and search
• Sketch in notes with pressure sensitive ink
EVERNOTE FOR APPLE WATCH
• Dictate notes and they will be transcribed in Evernote
• Dictate searches and get results on your Apple Watch
• View newly created & updated notes
• Set reminders, get notifications, and never forget anything
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly (desktop only)
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
- Occasionally, images you'd captured with your device's camera wouldn’t show up when you opened a note. They were there all along, but now you’ll be able to see them too.
- We also fixed some specific issues that were causing the app to misbehave.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a great tool
It’s a great tool for various different reasons. I think an interesting set of features would be a kind of automation, e.g., the ability to set up conditions so if I write certain words the note is added to certain folders or has certain reminders set to it or maybe even triggers a notification to specific people, etc.
Also, something I think should be implemented is title caps in .… well, the TITLES of notes. Why is that not a thing? Or at least a toggleable setting?
Lastly, why is it that the icon badge notification number is not at all connected to the actual trigger of the notification. I should open the app and it should be totally clear what the notification number is referring to, whether it’s reminders or updates or whatever. The user is just left adrift once he taps on the icon and then has no clue what triggered the notification. It’s just plain bad UX and your UX folks should really be talked to about that because it’s rather fundamental stuff they are missing.
Useful but imperfect
This is still the best app for my needs, but it has plenty of annoying quirks. I've used Evernote for many years, with over 100 notes covering everything from the grocery list to future work plans to my son's college search. I find it helpful having access to all of these notes from my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and being able to share certain notes with specific family members or colleagues. None of its competitors offers the same combination of selective note sharing, table creation and editing, and text formatting.
Yet there are still quirks. Newly edited notes take a surprising amount of time to be saved, or must be saved manually - if you aren't careful about this and the note is later edited in another device, new versions of the note are created or sometimes appended to the end of the current note without warning you. Evernote on the Mac can change the font in notes, but not on iOS, and sometimes routine copy/pasting on iOS results in text with bizarre fonts that can't be fixed on that device. The use of Apple Data Detectors also means that anything Evernote thinks might be a phone number or calendar event is highlighted like a clickable link - I wish this could be turned off.
If you are looking for a company that has accessible customer service, look elsewhere. For many people, we don't realize how important customer service is until we are in a dire pickle, but, let me be the one to tell you, it is VERY important to have the option to speak with someone during those times of need. Evernote, on the other hand, doesn't seem to believe in customer accessibility or satisfaction. When having an issue with my billing account, I attempted to call the customer service number given on my bank statement only to be transferred to a voicemail telling me to leave my email address. The only form of communication they offer is through email or online chat. While that is great for younger people, there are other generations who would prefer speaking with an actual person to help deescalate the issue before it gets out of hand. It is also in their policy to not give refunds. My experience today was joining an online chat, being told there was nothing they could do for the extra $64 in charges they cost me, and to have a great day. I will be checking to make sure that the companies I choose to give my business to have a phone number I can call from now on to know they actually care about their customers. It also says something about a site that has almost as many 1 stars as 5 stars.
Thanks for nothing, Evernote.
- 145.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2019 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium $4.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
- Evernote Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.