Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Sometimes the app would get stuck loading a note (usually a web clip or shared note) until finally it gave up and assumed you were offline. But now your notes should load fast enough to make you smile.
If you updated to macOS Catalina then tried to highlight text inside a PDF, it would look like there was nothing selected. You could say it was a big fail, but on the bright side, we fixed it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Evernote has problems
I used to love Evernote. I don’t use it for business per se, but I need to find info when I need it! Not 5 minutes after I started searching for it in the app. I had EVERYTHING, EVERY THING in Evernote but couldn’t find things because it would NOT show info within notes that I was searching for. Also, I had some notes that I had unknowingly put the title in quotes! That was a big mistake. Even when I KNEW it was in Evernote, I could not access it. Very frustrating. I finally ended up parting ways with Evernote. Now comes the bad news. I had over a thousand notes! There is NO WAY to export your contents!!!! I had to literally copy EACH NOTE and place in Apple Notes. What a huge pain. Then I went on a long and fruitless search for a note program that would do everything evernote was doing. Well, I’m back again. There were several deal breakers for other programs. Even though evernote is not perfect it still seems to be the best option that I could find. I am very careful to specifically title notes with key words. You cannot get Evernote to download everything. I can try to download an article and most times I get only a link. This puts me in the same predicament I was in initally! I cannot access the ‘cloud’ at all times and I work in a hospital!!! Lots of lead shielding and the like. I have to go in paragraph by paragraph and copy/paste into evernote to have access to it when the cloud is absent. I hate the ‘cloud’.
I think I may have outlived its usefulness
I’ve been using Evernote for at least 7 years, but it has mostly ended up as a side show to to my workflow, despite many attempts to make it a central repository for my work. When I started consulting, I looked at it as an opportunity to use Evernote more fully in my workflow, tracking clients, calls, meetings, etc. I set up tags and notebooks but it never seemed to quite work. Is each client a tag or a notebook? Without a calendar function, how can I track progress against a timeline? Reminders pop up once, but there’s not a snooze function, nor is there a place to see when your reminders are scheduled in a calendar. I tried plug-ins or IFTTT to make Evernote work with Google calendars to no avail. Then, documents for clients have to be in Word or Excel or PDF, so why should I do them in Evernote? And if I did want to share drafts of things in Evernote, the sharing a note experience is awful if the client is not in Evernote too. And I can’t do calculations in Evernote, so my billing and invoicing has to be done elsewhere too. Finally, they released this update and I thought, "OK, well at least the design will improve, and the desktop will look more like the web version (which is clean and much more visually appealing, like the iPhone app)". But...nope. As far as I can tell, all that changed is the icon. So, for me, I think I’ll go back to using it as a repository of things I find on the internet.
I’ve been using Evernote since 2013, primarily for organization in a public works environment. Its nice to have access to my data on my various devices and platforms - in general, my offices are PC environments while I use a MAC. Evernote syncs between all easily. For the past 2 years I have used the product for construction inspection services using my iPhone or iPad. I can record weather, crew members, and then dictate the daily progress throughout the day. Adding pertineint files (email, texts, plans, etc) in chronological order is also helpful. I can also use captioned photos to document progress for the day.
My only problem so far is sharing the data with non users. Moving to a paperless environment is great and I endorse this concept, but some offices/agencies require that "piece of paper”. Printing a file with photos cuts the photo at the end of a page and resumes printing the photo on the next page. I wish this be addressed.
But overall, Evernote is very convenient for documenting these activities and for organizing my business and personal life. We all carry a phone and Evernote is on my phone.
- 57.8 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2019 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- One month $4.99
- One year $44.99
- One month $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.