Capture ideas when inspiration strikes. Find information fast. Share notes with anyone. From meetings and projects to web pages and to-do lists—with Evernote, everything’s in one place.
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can tackle action items on the go. Express yourself clearly with easy-to-use formatting options, and find what you need quickly with filtered searches and results as you type.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists. It’s the only organizer you need.
• Keep journals capturing the events and milestones of your daily life.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Attach docs, PDFs, photos, and audio.
• Create separate notebooks to organize your receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote's powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start your work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
• Share your notes and notebooks with your friends, colleagues, or family.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal to-do lists to keep your thoughts organized.
• Save all of your travel documents, articles, and notes in one place.
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings, and parties.
• Use Evernote as a planner to organize your life and stay on task.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Use it as your ultimate planner and organizer at work.
• Annotate documents during team meetings, then share with colleagues.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss important details.
• Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments.
• Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized.
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for research papers or class projects.
• Discuss and annotate notes, files, and essay drafts.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your App Store account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote's Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms
Welcome to the new Evernote for Mac! We’ve rebuilt the app from the ground up to make it easier for you to create notes quickly, customize them however you like, and find information in an instant.
- You now have more control over your notes’ appearance. Use semantic headers and tables to give structure to your notes. Or change fonts, colors, and highlights to add a personal touch.
- Checklists now get the VIP treatment they deserve. You can indent items, drag-and-drop to reorder them, and enjoy the satisfaction of crossing them off with a single click.
- Adding rich content—like audio, photos, attachments, and sketches—is quicker and easier with the new, multi-function Insert button.
- We redesigned the formatting toolbar to put the most popular options front and center. Bold/italic/underline, header level, font sizes and colors, multiple highlighter options, subscript/superscript, alignment, hyperlinking, and more—all right there at your fingertips.
- Save time—and keystrokes. Get real-time search suggestions as you type to find what you need faster.
- Filter your searches by tag, attachment, PDF, URL, and more. So even the most elusive notes will now appear at your command.
- Make searching your Evernote superpower. Combine keywords, tags, or locations to find exactly what you need, then save those searches and use them over and over again with just one click.
- The main screen has a cleaner, more modern look that’s consistent across all your devices. So it’s easier on the eyes—and easier for you to get stuff done.
- You can now change the default width of your notes. Choose Optimize Readability for a more focused view, or Fit To Window for maximum information on-screen. It’s your call.
- This update moves the app to a new codebase that’s more stable and reliable, for fewer hang/crash errors.
- That new codebase means we can fix bugs quicker and release new features more often (yep, we’ve got some cool things already in development—join our Beta Program for a sneak peek!).
- Syncing data across different platforms and devices is smoother and more seamless than before.
This is a big update that we’re really proud of—and it’s just the start. We’re going to keep working hard, releasing updates, and finding new ways to simplify your life.
- Character and word counts in the note info panel
- Search and switch to a different note using a keyboard shortcut
- Write quick notes and clip screenshots with the Evernote Helper companion app
- Create new audio recordings and playback audio files
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve been using Evernote for several years now, including two career changes and blog maintenance. It served me well in my old life as Corporate ladder climber (IT, direcetor level), and now as a happy school teacher at a disciplinary campus. In both careers, I found information came at you too fast. In corporate leadership training, I went through “Zero Inbox” training and realized at that moment all was lost. There was no way I was going to get through 200+ emails a day. Enter Evernote. I switched to html email client and just clipped anything of importance into Evernote. It wasn’t even a few weeks I knew it was a no brainer to get the paid subscription version. While I was laid off and ran my own consulting firm Evernote was there to help me manage contracts, meeting notes and invoices. As I went after my teaching certificate Evernote was there as well; managing contacts, cover letters, audio files from lectures. Three years into teaching I still go to it daily, just not as much. 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade science classes and lesson plan templates are just a click away, as are all the nuggets I find for Restorative Discipline circles. I cannot image life without Evernote.
Evernote has problems
I used to love Evernote. I don’t use it for business per se, but I need to find info when I need it! Not 5 minutes after I started searching for it in the app. I had EVERYTHING, EVERY THING in Evernote but couldn’t find things because it would NOT show info within notes that I was searching for. Also, I had some notes that I had unknowingly put the title in quotes! That was a big mistake. Even when I KNEW it was in Evernote, I could not access it. Very frustrating. I finally ended up parting ways with Evernote. Now comes the bad news. I had over a thousand notes! There is NO WAY to export your contents!!!! I had to literally copy EACH NOTE and place in Apple Notes. What a huge pain. Then I went on a long and fruitless search for a note program that would do everything evernote was doing. Well, I’m back again. There were several deal breakers for other programs. Even though evernote is not perfect it still seems to be the best option that I could find. I am very careful to specifically title notes with key words. You cannot get Evernote to download everything. I can try to download an article and most times I get only a link. This puts me in the same predicament I was in initally! I cannot access the ‘cloud’ at all times and I work in a hospital!!! Lots of lead shielding and the like. I have to go in paragraph by paragraph and copy/paste into evernote to have access to it when the cloud is absent. I hate the ‘cloud’.
I think I may have outlived its usefulness
I’ve been using Evernote for at least 7 years, but it has mostly ended up as a side show to to my workflow, despite many attempts to make it a central repository for my work. When I started consulting, I looked at it as an opportunity to use Evernote more fully in my workflow, tracking clients, calls, meetings, etc. I set up tags and notebooks but it never seemed to quite work. Is each client a tag or a notebook? Without a calendar function, how can I track progress against a timeline? Reminders pop up once, but there’s not a snooze function, nor is there a place to see when your reminders are scheduled in a calendar. I tried plug-ins or IFTTT to make Evernote work with Google calendars to no avail. Then, documents for clients have to be in Word or Excel or PDF, so why should I do them in Evernote? And if I did want to share drafts of things in Evernote, the sharing a note experience is awful if the client is not in Evernote too. And I can’t do calculations in Evernote, so my billing and invoicing has to be done elsewhere too. Finally, they released this update and I thought, "OK, well at least the design will improve, and the desktop will look more like the web version (which is clean and much more visually appealing, like the iPhone app)". But...nope. As far as I can tell, all that changed is the icon. So, for me, I think I’ll go back to using it as a repository of things I find on the internet.
- 186 MB
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2020 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Plus $3.99
- Evernote Premium $4.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.