** Worked on this app during my spare time. Leave review to let me know how I am doing! **
Everyday Calculator, as the name suggests, will satisfy all your daily calculator needs. However, it can do so much more!
This is a custom calculator, designed with YOU in mind.
Our calculator is a minimalistic, efficient calculator that only gives you operands that you need and use, not a whole lot of distracting clutter. You decide how large or small you want your calculator to be, with no restrictions on size adjustments. Our Everyday Calculator will stay alive on your desktop and will fade and idle when you are busy with other software, only to immediately spring back to life, just when you need it. Can’t find the % operand on other calculators? Not to worry! Our Everyday Calculator features the % operand, ready for use.
If you have any question or issue, please do not hesitate to contact us over the support URL. Positive feedback/review is very much appreciated.
- Compatible with OSX Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), and Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Professionally designed graphic
- Resizable calculator with no size restriction
- Always on top but becomes faded when inactive
- Hot keys for keyboard and keypad
- Visual button response when user mouse clicked or keyboard pressed
- Active operand (plus, minus, multiply, divide) is shown on left side of display
- Copy and paste displayed number out to clipboard
- Includes popular features of AC, C, percent (%), and memory (mc,m+,m-,mr)
- Copy number to clipboard: [Command + C]
- Quit the calculator: [Command + Q]
- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0: [Numbers]
- Add: [+]
- Subtract: [-]
- Multiply: [x, or *]
- Divide: [/]
- Percent: [%]
- Evaluate: [Return, or Enter]
- Dot: [.]
- Clear: [C][clear]
- All clear: [Esc]
- Backspace: [delete]
- Memory clear (mc): [Control + C]
- Memory addition (m+): [Control + +]
- Memory subtract (m-): [Control + -]
- Memory recall (mr): [Control + R]
- The input number is limited at 9 digits (billion)
- Computed number exceeding 9 digits would start loosing precision
Backed by popular demand, we have added feature to persist Calculator size and position across launch. When needed, size and position can be reset to default from menu.
If you like what we are doing, leave a review and let us know. Thank you for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Kevin has done a nice job of improving this app and I like what he has done from the start. I like being able to have this in the background and resize as needed and movable.
Slow to start and Spinning Beach Ball
Takes four bounces to launch while Apple's takes one. For an everyday simple calculator it needs to take one bounce to launch. Once launched and you grab the window title bar to move it, nothing happens, it is stuck on your screen. In about 2-3 seconds you get the spinning beach ball and who knows what it is doing. After a few more seconds it goes away and then swoosh… the calculator moves off the screen because the mouse movement to move the window was remembered.
Now you can't even get it back, you have to quit and relauch the app. This time you don't move it when it initially launches, just wait for the frozen window and spinning beach ball to finish. If you increase the calculator size it will be remembered on next launch. Vendor says window position is remembered too but this is not true for me, never worked from the get go.
If you are willing to live with the launch bug then this calculator is for you, in the trash can for me though.
Apple should have included this for free
I have a 15” screen and usually have several spreadsheets and websites open simultaneously. Many times a day I just need a simple operation involving numbers from several of these sources. Since my calculations often require a memory, this calculator is perfect since it has a memory and can be shrunk down to take very little screen space and is still visible behind other windows.
Apple eliminated the memory included with their basic Yosemite calculator and their scientific calculator takes up a massive part of my screen - even Apple’s basic calculator takes up too much space. This app starts up in less than a second, but maybe that’s because my new mac is super fast.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.