A video is worth a thousand words, you can check a "thrilling" demo of Everyday Looper here : http://www.tinyurl.com/ELDemo3
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases - 6 on an iPad - and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it's suited for two-handed instruments too.
- As seen on CNN -
"Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper." CultOfMac.com
"A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton" MacLife.de
"This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices" AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for "Everyday Looper" to see many great user videos !
Here is what we've got :
New In Version 1.6
UNDO / REDO
• Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
• Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]
• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]
• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
STEREO TRACKS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Pan your tracks in the stereo field.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]
• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]
• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a "de luxe" metronome.
MIDI CONTROLLERS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]
• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
2 INPUT CHANNELS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) - 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]
• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols
- 64 bits compatibility
- Improved large screen support
Ratings and Reviews
Looks good, but needs work
I judge any computer program by how well I can use it without reading any manual or help file. For the life of me, just on the first use of this program, I cannot figure out how to exit the recording area back into the main screen. I cannot even access the help file easily. The area where the recording tracks are really should have a section with controls such as play, start, return to main screen and those sort of controls, instead of just the tracks that you are working with. Trying to memorize all the various swipes and using 1, 2 and 3 fingers just is not intuitive. I really believe that with just a little tweaking of the interface this could be an outstanding program and hopefully the interface will improved in the future. The worst program in the world is easy to understand when you have used it enough, however outstanding programs allows the user to utilize the basic program with no help whatsoever.
Not intuitive at all
The controls are simply god awful. I’m sure it’s a good app once you figure it out but to expect people to adopt this off the cuff is absurd.
Doesn’t seem to do what it’s supposed to
I was looking for a simple app that allows me to put down a track then loop it repeatedly for overdubs. If this does that, it’s not clear how. For example, how do you clip the space at the beginning or end so it can loop without gaps? How do you set a basic beat without taking up the base track, which sets the length of your recording? Also, the commands are quirky, sometimes working sometimes not. My search continues...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.