Evidence-Based Physical Diagnosis helps you choose the diagnostic approaches that have been proven most effective! Dr. Steven McGee puts the most current evidence at your fingertips, equipping you to easily select the best test for diagnosing a given condition and understand the diagnostic significance and accuracy of your findings. A remarkably easy-to-reference organization makes it simple to find the answers you need.
• An evidence-based calculator that helps you determine probability ratios based on the evidence criteria.
• Quickly review the history, pathogenesis, examination technique, and interpretation of physical findings for all areas of the body thanks to a very reader-friendly outline format, including more than 90 "EBM boxes" and accompanying "EBM ruler" illustrations.
• Get expert advice from Dr. Steven McGee, an internationally respected authority in physical examination and assessment, pain management, and education in general internal medicine.
• See exactly which studies document the significance of various findings thanks to thousands of up-to-date references.
• Apply the latest knowledge on hot topics such as the value of physical examination in taking care of the ICU patient, accurately diagnosing the etiology of systolic murmurs, diagnosing osteoarthritis and acute vertigo in the dizzy patient, diagnosing hemorrhagic stroke, and diagnosing pleural effusions.
• Implement the most current evidence-based approaches for evaluating stance and gait, Schamroth's sign (for clubbing), dementia, prediction of falls, hepatopulmonary syndrome, atrial fibrillation, relative bradycardia, tourniquet test (for dengue infections), acute stroke, and pleural effusion.
• Assess the pretest probability of disease, given particular signs or symptoms, with new at-a-glance tables.
• Make effective decisions thanks to updated content throughout, including new EBM boxes covering over 250 recent studies on physical diagnosis-ensuring that all diagnostic information (i.e., sensitivity, specificity, and likelihood ratios) is up to date.
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading. There is also an interactive EBM Calculator that allows you to calculate posttest probability based on pretest probability and likelihood ratio.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
Check out https://usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app contains the full content of Evidence-Based Physical Diagnosis, 3rd Edition by Elsevier.
Steven McGee, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Added support for more screen sizes
- Usatine & Erickson Media LLC
- 175 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.