** The All-In-One Evidence-Based Medicine Solution **
ABOUT EVIDENCE CENTRAL
Evidence Central helps answer your evidence-based medicine questions with the renowned Cochrane Abstracts, and Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines which includes thousands of images and video. This comprehensive resource also keeps you up to date by delivering a graded and validated EE+ POEM each day and providing instant access to the latest medical literature.
Evidence Central includes:
EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE GUIDELINES
Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines (EBMG) features nearly 1,000 clinical guidelines including diagnosis and treatment as well over 3,000 evidence summaries that support each recommendation. EBMG also includes over 1,000 images and an extensive video library delivered directly to your device. EBMG is updated frequently.
Cochrane Abstracts allows you to access the most up-to-date review abstracts that summarize findings of hundreds of therapeutic interventions. Each review details all of the evidence surrounding a specific medical treatment, providing clinicians with new information that can influence how healthcare decisions are made. Cochrane Abstracts is updated regularly.
EE+ POEMs (Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters) deliver new evidence that is especially relevant to patient care. Each new POEM is reviewed for accuracy and graded for relevancy before being released, allowing physicians and other healthcare professional to apply research to clinical practice. View a new POEM as they are delivered daily or search the archive by date or title.
Prime PubMed Search
Prime provides citations and abstracts from full PubMed database that can be easily saved and shared. View full-text articles provided by the journal publisher.
• Receive 1-year of content updates
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Jump quickly between resources using Cross Links
• Access the entire PubMed database
• Use the advanced search to help find terms across entries
• Bookmark important entries with “Favorites”
• Get access to Evidence Central website for one year
• After initial Evidence Central purchase you will receive updates for one year
• After one year, you can purchase updates for an additional year, at the discounted rate of $49.99. If you do not choose to purchase, you can continue to use the product but will not receive updates.
• This app will automatically renew annually at the current renewal rate ($49.99) and charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of the one-year subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
This latest update provides interface upgrades to help enhance the performance of your app.
If you have further questions about the new features, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
Thank you for using Evidence Central.
Ratings and Reviews
Great info, terrible organization
It's a real shame this application is so poorly organized. Why they elected to make arbitrary categories that are not even searchable is totally beyond me. Essentially, if you want to find data, the only option is to painstakingly scroll through every topic in the hopes that you find what you are looking for... and you can't even see the entire title of the articles on the main article list screen. It's really baffling and almost painful to use compared to other medical apps. I've emailed them 3 times over the past year since starting my subscription which is about to expire and never heard back even once, so if you purchase just understand that tech support is non-existent. It's a shame because there is really good info in here but without even a rudimentary way to search by key terms or combination of terms, the time it takes to get to it is so long that you might as well find a computer and look it up there which completely defeats the purpose of having it on a mobile device. Their software design team should be fired, clean house and get some folks in there that actually know how to write a program, like LexiComp, ePocrates, MedScape, Skyscape... the list goes on and on. That's the final nail in the coffin is that they don't have to actually come up with anything new, just copy what other successful companies are doing! Really no excuse for this and I won't be renewing. My sense is that the negative ratings and lack of reviews until mine (after being on the App Store for ONE FULL YEAR) tell the tale of how underwhelmed people are by this potentially great software that falls short simply by lacking a key feature (search by key word throughout the entire database) that would multiply its functionality 100-fold. Some companies truly are their own worst enemies.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Evidence Central $79.99
- Evidence Central Renewal $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.