This app is part of the LIFE funded project EWAS, a joint project between Wellness Smart Cities S.L, Corporación de Empresas Municipales de Sevilla AIE, D-WASTE HELLAS LTD, Trans-Municipal Enterprise of Solid Waste Management D.E.D.I.S.A. S.A., Serveis de Suport a la Gestió S.L. , Limpieza Pública y Protección Ambiental, Sociedad Anónima Municipal (LIPASAM).
The LIFE EWAS project uses ICT tools, namely wireless sensors in bins to monitor waste collection, while it is also supported by this social platform to raise awareness in recycling, in order to develop an appropriate environmental and cost effective waste collection methodology and:
* Improve people’s quality of life.
* Reduce environmental impact comparing with current methodologies.
* Reduce investment and operational costs, noise and traffic problems.
* Inform citizens about recycling.
* Increase waste recycling level and citizens’ cooperation.
* Interact with citizens about waste management issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.