ExactScan Pro is the professional scan suit for a paperless office on the Mac. Get organized and save time and money. ExactScan comes with over 400 drivers for professional document scanners from Avision, Canon DR-series, Fujitsu fi-series, Kodak, Oki, Panasonic, Visioneer and Xerox, which otherwise do not come with a Mac driver. Additionally it allows to use any other scanner with TWAIN or ImageCapture driver.
Scan all your documents for fast retrieval, and get rid of dusty paper archives. Find searchable PDF everywhere with Spotlight in a snap.
• Over 400 native built-in drivers for professional document scanners from Avision, Canon, Fujitsu, HP, Kodak, Oki, Panasonic, Visioneer and Xerox
• Support for a variety of third party scanners via ImageCapture and TWAIN drivers
• Save to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, BMP, PNM
• Advanced and intelligent image processing algorithms
• Auto-crop & de-skew
• Blank page removal
• Direct scan to print
• Profiles to configure scan workflow
• AppleScript support for professionals
ExactScan Pro additionally includes:
• OCR to directly create searchable PDF files
• Content based page de-skew
• Automatic rotation, color- and source detection
• Imprinter to print flexible text into the scanned image
• Barcode recognition to file stacks by barcodes
• Batch processing of existing image files
The following languages are supported by the OCR:
Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Rumanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian.
For a detailed scanner support list please visit:
http://exactscan.com/compatiblescanner.html - to only perform OCR on already archived files you may also find our OCRKit application helpful.
• added support for new scanners
• improved compatibility and performance
• improved OCR and barcode recognition
• various other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Version 18.7 is unstable
I’ve been using ExactScan Pro for a few years now and have generally liked it. It’s fast and OCR is good. It has never been good at de-skewing small objects, like scanned business cards, checks, and small receipts.
I recently downloaded the updated version - 18.7 - and it crashes a lot during long scanning sessions. Today when I launched it, the “Scan” button was gone and only the “Preview” button was there. So I’ve deleted the app and am going to reinstall a fresh copy in hopes that’ll fix the issue.
Developer updates seem to be released consistently, so hopefully they can clean up whatever’s going on in the next release. Soon, please.
I have been using ExactScan for a few years now and I couldn't be happer. For those who need scanner software to handle large amounts of scanning, this is the software for you. I've contacted support a few times, and their response is outstanding, getting an answer extremely quick. I have recommended the pro software to a few colleages who are Apple users and need robust scanning software that supports many windows only scanners. Five Stars- Kevin.
does the job
I had some problems with bugs at first install, but after a reboot, the application seems to be working. the interface is somewhat simplistic, but seems to do what I need wich is:
1) get my fujitsu fi-6130 scanner working with my mac
2) painlessly scan, deskew, and generally clean-up receipts, busines cards, and documents
the OCR seems to work as well, though omnipage (PC) seems to do a better job. I haven’t checked it against fine reader. however, for my purposes (making PDFs searchable) it seems good enough.
- ExactCODE GmbH
- 15.7 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2005-2019 ExactCODE GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.