Welcome the Examine App!
The Examine App is a unique personal reflection tool that will help you to:
- Examine the good and bad parts of your day
- Facilitate meaningful sharing with a few close friends
- Monitor personal spirituality over time
This free app is modeled after the daily examen, a spiritual practice that
has been in place for over 400 years. The Examine app invites you to
reflect on your day honestly, track and view changes, record your
thoughts, and share privately with close friends.
WHY DO THIS?
Research shows that engaging in your spirituality may promote personal resilience and recovery from stress and trauma. Part of exercising your spirituality is paying attention to your day and recognizing God’s presence in it. This app may help you gain a deeper sense of your feelings, as you jot down responses to guided questions, and give you options for how to reconcile your daily reflections. With each use, you may be able to learn and practice an attitude of contemplative reflection.
- Tracking feature quickly records your outlook each day
- Elegant graphics and easy-input text screens
- Graphing function lets you track and see patterns over 90 days
- Calendar function allows easy review of past responses
- Thoughtful questions promote honest reflection
- Sharing function allows private emailing to contacts
- Data is private and not tracked by 3rd party sites
- Modeled after a time-tested spiritual practice
- No internet connection required
- Reflections stored on phone for easy viewing
- Lightweight app requires little storage space
What users are saying:
“Finally, an app I’ll actually use!”
“The examen has always been my favorite spiritual exercise – great idea!”
“An easy way to stay connected to close friends over things that matter most”
“The graphing function has caused me to think differently about my life”
- iOS 9 support.
- 4", 4.7", and 5.5" screen support.
Ratings and Reviews
So thankful for this tool
Life moves so fast sometimes it's hard to sense what is happening beneath all the external and urgent. This app helps me slow and quiet to connect the more important dots of the internal, giving me firm ground and handholds for living more fully.
Elegant, simple and thoughtful. A great way to stay mindful and aware. Thanks!
Love it but needs iPad version!
I love this app and have been looking for something like this for some time! I hope that an iPad version will soon be available though!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.