Learn history in a new way with Excavate! Rome, a world history game for students! Use Archaeological thinking to evaluate evidence of Roman daily life. By excavating and analyzing four significant locations, players will:
· Explore the significance of public baths in Roman life
· Gain a new perspective on the Colosseum
· Distinguish the roles of men, women, children, and slaves in ancient Roman society
· Compare and contrast the lifestyles of upper, middle, and lower class Romans
· Describe the lifestyle and role of gladiators in Roman society
· Explain architectural innovations that were used to build private homes, tenement apartments, public baths, and the Colosseum
“The quality of information and the methodology behind the questions is stronger than any educational game I've ever played.” K-12 Director of Technology, MD
Designed with history teachers, Excavate! uses overarching questions to focus student inquiry as they dig, analyze, report and learn through object-based evaluation. Excavate! is a multi-game series that includes old and new world civilizations such as Mesopotamia, Egypt, Maya, Inca and more. Game bundles and bulk discounts are available.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic for homeschool!
My kids really enjoyed doing this as an exciting start to their study on Rome! This a great homeschool tool but really any classroom history should take advantage of this app. It’s engaging and takes the student through the exciting adventure of learning and deciphering past cultures. I loved the maps and how it took the kids through the process an archeologist would take. We look forward to using the other apps they have created!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for sharing your review. Have a wonderful day.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.