No more highlighters, underlining, or sticky notes.
With Excerpt, you can easily capture passages from your favourite books and collect them all in one place.
– FEATURES –
• Using your device's camera, instantly convert text from a book into a note on your device
• Share important excerpts with friends and colleagues
• Compile all of a book's excerpts and export them in a single file
• Save excerpts from as many books as you like
• Choose your highlighter colour – yellow, blue, green, or none
Great for holding on to meaningful quotes, organizing study notes, or preparing for book club!
– UPDATES –
• Sort your excerpts! You can now choose to sort excerpts by page number or date created.
• Various user interface improvements
Thank you for using Excerpt!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Minimalist and quick. Not bloated in any way and no distractions. Character recognition sometimes has problems, but works surprisingly well.
Good idea but impractical for larger books
I like the idea of this and the book text to phone text transition is super helpful. That said I wish there was a way to organize highlighted sections within a book. For example I used this on a 2,000* page clinical nutrition text book and would never we able to find the highlighted section I wanted as the list is far to long. Being able to make topic sections within a book would be great!
Finally! A way to digitally highlight paper books
Works well. Needs some additional features to be a “killer app” (like getting book info from a scan of the book’s isbn barcode) but right now the best (only?) app out there that lets you save “highlights” (text snippets) of physical books.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.