Exciter AUv3 plug-in — comes as time-limited Demo-version for you to try. It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time. (You can reload the Exciter AUv3 plug-in as many times as you want, thereby you get the Demo period again and again.) Unlimited version of Exciter AUv3 plug-in comes as In-App Purchase.
The Red Rock Sound Exciter will allow you to improve and enhance sonic quality of signal more naturally than with equalization. Unlike traditional EQ that just turns up the existing harmonics, Exciter generates additional harmonics, therefore there is no boost in the output signal level, this maintains a clear and balanced sound.
Control & Indicator Functions:
• IN meter — Input Signal Level indicator;
• LEVEL — control knob for the Level of the Input Signal;
• HARMONICS — this knob controls the amount of generated Harmonics;
• TIMBRE — sets the balance between Odd and Even harmonics;
• FREQ — sets the frequency of the high pass filter in the side chain prior to the harmonics generator. For example, with a setting of 6000 Hz all frequencies above 6000 Hz will have Harmonics generated by Exciter;
• HL meter — the Level meter for the Harmonics that are created;
• MIX — sets the amount of Exciter enhancement added to the original signal;
• LISTEN — allows you to listen to the Exciter process alone;
• OUTPUT meter — Output Signal Level indicator.
To use Exciter as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — Exciter will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Fixed Toolbar swipe bug;
- Fixed Preset names display bug;
- Added Button-links to other RRS products in the Toolbar.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple and useful for improving audio
Update: Thanks to the dev for quick reply about issues. After buying the full version of the app I was able to get it to work in Cubasis. Developer passed on info on how to use it as a plugin in Garage Band (Does not show in External input as you might expect.) Shows up in some DAWs and recorder apps and can connect by Audiobus 3 in many others.
As for the effect itself, it's very good for demudding audio and crisping up the highs without adding excessive treble. Operation is simpler than other exciter plugins, which is a big plus.
As a standalone app, it doesn't do much other than let you modify audio from the mic. Can't process files files or save output.
Developer Response ,
You wrote “External Input” in GarageBand — do You mean Inter-App Audio (IAA) plug-ins list for input signal processing? “Exciter” doesn’t support IAA format since it was deprecated since iOS13, according to Apple iOS13 release notes: “Inter-App audio is deprecated. Use Audio Units for this functionality moving forward”.
- RRS, OOO
- 18.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Red Rock Sound, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- RRS Exciter Unlimited $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.