Explain Everything Basics 4+
Whiteboard, record & present
Explain Everything Basics is an iPad- and iPhone-only version of Explain Everything where creations are saved locally on the device. It DOES NOT include: online collaboration with voice chat, cloud-based video rendering, online video hosting, dedicated cloud storage, and group management.
Explain Everything Basics was designed for schools with iOS-only deployments. It is also intended for those who may need to exclusively purchase it via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP), those with internet access challenges, or both.
The other app on the App Store, Explain Everything Whiteboard, is the complete whiteboard platform with online features. It includes all the elements of Explain Everything Basics plus: online collaboration with voice chat, cloud-based video rendering, online video hosting, dedicated cloud storage, LMS integrations and group management.
To try Explain Everything Whiteboard for free, please search for it on the App Store or use this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/explain-everything-whiteboard/id1020339980?ls=1
Learn about the differences between the two versions in the short video:
Explain Everything Basics is featured by Apple on the Teaching Tools site: https://www.apple.com/education/teaching-tools/ and has easy integration with Apple Schoolwork.
Digital whiteboard for education. Create and digitize materials for live presentations or remote learning. Draw and add media to record videos for teaching in the classroom or online.
Replace your physical whiteboard with an infinite digital canvas you can use anywhere. Mix drawing and handwriting with imported documents and multimedia for better learner engagement. Bring static slides to life – record your teaching content! Never lose your teaching materials again. Save your time and save paper. Choose the Explain Everything interactive whiteboard app for education.
Use the Explain Everything Whiteboard app to:
• Digitize, create, store, and share your teaching materials.
• Draw, write, sketchnote, visualize, Scribble with Apple Pencil, explain, show live in the classroom or online.
• Record and edit whiteboard video lessons for effective blended learning.
• Share your whiteboard screen through conferencing tools when teaching online.
• Securely manage student access, data, and privacy.
This digital whiteboard for teachers is a powerhouse of features and integrations:
• Import and Export content through integrations with iCloud, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Evernote.
• Use images, documents, video and audio files, and projects in many formats, like: .png, .gif, .jpg, .pdf, .doc, .pages, .xls, .ppt, .iwb, .mp4, .mov, .mp3, .wav, .m4a, .xpl, .ipt and many more.
• Enrich your materials with images and GIFs, Sticky Notes, Clipart, 3D Models, Shapes, Equations, text boxes, different backgrounds and patterns, pen and pencil drawings, highlights and more.
• Scan documents and easily edit, save and share them.
• Capture everything that happens on the screen with the easy animation recording. Split, trim, cut, delete, compact, smooth out movement, and see the result immediately. Use Center Stage to include yourself with dynamic video capturing.
• Share your materials as images, PDFs, MP4s or editable projects.
CREATE AND DIGITIZE YOUR TEACHING MATERIALS
• Save and share your whiteboard lessons with students.
• Organize your teaching content and use it on any device.
• Create a rich lesson library that you don’t need to carry in a bag.
RECORD VIDEOS TO INSTRUCT, ENGAGE AND EXPLAIN
• Capture every action performed on the canvas.
• Use the Camera Frame for more control over parts that get recorded.
• 3 different recording modes to edit and enrich your recordings.
• Use the recordings to support your blended learning, give feedback and explain.
• Invite students to use whiteboard videos to share their thinking.
• Add images from Google Image Search
Choose from images and photos published on the web with Safe Search enabled. You can now find Google Image Search in the Add Media menu.
• Get work done fast with keyboard shortcuts
We’ve updated, reworked, and added new shortcuts to make keyboard fans' work easier. Check out the list in the ○○○ More menu.
• We also got rid of some minor pesky bugs and issues.
Ratings and Reviews
A terrific interactive whiteboard and screencasting app, Explain Everything is perfect for making instructional videos that clearly demonstrate concepts. Annotate, manipulate, and add narration to documents, photos, and videos, creating visual presentations you can easily share. Instructors can use this powerful app to explain everything from math equations to football plays, or they can task students with producing their own projects to show to the class.
Loved it before, love it now
I teach at the graduate level, and long before the pandemic, I tried every app I could find for use as a virtual whiteboard. I can’t judge its more advanced capabilities compared to other apps, because I just use it exactly like I would use a physical whiteboard: I write, draw, erase, and write again. This app does those things in a very straightforward manner and gives me the same choices that markers do - I pick the color, I pick the thickness, and that’s about all the fancy my brain can handle in the middle of class. I prefer live whiteboards over “presentation slides” because students seem to learn more from words that I write in front of them in real-time than they do from pre-prepared presentation slides. When education went online for the pandemic, I stuck with what already worked. It still works.
Developer Response ,
Hi - thank you for sharing your opinion! We really appreciate it and we are happy to hear that Explain Everything helps you in this difficult time!
Excellent app you can use this in so many ways
This app was the best interactive whiteboard ever. I bought the paid version. Suddenly it became an unpaid version and asked me for monthly subscriptions!!!!! Greedy sods%
BOYCOTTED FOR CHARGING A ONE TIME PAYMENT THEN REMOVING OWNERSHIP AND GOING FOR THE TRENDING GREEDY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION CON.
MAY THIS COMPANY FALL INTO OBLIVION FOR THEIR GREED quote the company “Explain EDU is the original Explain Everything app, created back in 2011 for iOS systems only. It is available as a one-time purchase and features the whiteboarding tools you know and love. After the one-time payment, you do not need to subscribe to keep using it. However, please note that it does not have all the features of Explain Everything Whiteboard.“
One time payment? LIARS!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are very sorry to hear that you've experienced such a problem! Please rest assured that no subscription is required to access the features of Explain EDU. You should not receive any pop-ups saying that you need to subscribe in order to use the app. Please contact us at email@example.com and help us to fix this issue.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Promethean Ltd
- 243.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Explain Everything
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.