Looking for a fun and creative game for your toddler? In the Explore Daniel’s Neighborhood app, children can use their imagination and play pretend with Daniel Tiger!
This learning app encourages open-ended, imaginative play as children visit familiar places like the grocery store, doctor’s office, bakery, and more.
The Explore Daniel’s Neighborhood app is like playing in a digital dollhouse. You can turn the lights on and off, open and close doors, give Daniel and his family food to eat and much more!
Play make believe and explore with Daniel Tiger today!
• Grocery Store – Visit the market and help the Tiger family shop and bag their groceries.
• Music Shop – Play and learn about different instruments in Music Man Stan’s Music Shop.
• Bakery – Decorate a cake and collect delicious treats in Baker Aker’s Bakery.
• Doctor’s Office – Play pretend in Dr. Anna’s office. You can be the patient or the doctor!
• Enchanted Garden - Have a picnic, discover nature, & play in the Neighborhood of Make Believe garden.
• School - Visit Teacher Harriet's classroom. You can play dress up, paint a picture, and have snack time with friends.
• Make up stories about everyday experiences, situations and feelings with Daniel Tiger
• Great for young children who are just beginning to understand the world around them
• Fun for the whole family! Play along with your toddler and have a beautiful day together in Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood.
LITTLE LIFE LESSONS
• Help Daniel and his family shop for healthy fruits and vegetables
• Practice important bathroom routines, like flushing the toilet and washing hands, in the Music Shop bathroom
• Get familiar with the doctor’s office while Daniel gets a checkup
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood is a land of make believe – a place to explore and have fun! Download the app today to start playing!
ABOUT DANIEL TIGER
Explore Daniel’s Neighborhood is based on the hit PBS KIDS series “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood,” produced by The Fred Rogers Company. Designed for kids ages 2-5, this app extends the series’ social-emotional curriculum by encouraging open-ended, pretend play. In the words of Fred Rogers, “Play is really the work of childhood.”
Check out the other Daniel Tiger apps: "Daniel Tiger's Storybooks," "Daniel Tiger for Parents," "Daniel Tiger's Stop & Go Potty," “Daniel Tiger’s Grr-ific Feelings,” “Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night,” and “Play at Home with Daniel.”
For more fun with Daniel Tiger, visit pbskids.org/daniel
ABOUT PBS KIDS
Explore Daniel’s Neighborhood is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number-one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://to.pbs.org/kids_appstore
It's wintertime in Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Let's Explore!
Ratings and Reviews
PLEASE make it so that items can travel through doors!
I like this app but here is a list of 10 things in order of priority (# 1 being most important, # 10 being least important) that you should do
1. Make it so that items can travel through doors. For example, in doctor Anna’s office,Margaret should be able to take the little stuffed animal into the exam room. And if you go to the bakery, you should be able to take some cupcakes to school. And at school you should be able to take your backpack outside
2. Add Daniels house
4. Make it so that teacher harriet, prince Tuesday,baker aker,doctor anna, and music man stan can go to other places besides where they work, and can be pulled up into the character bar
5. Make it so that you can put stuff in the backpacks and lunchboxes
6. Make it so that you can drag clothes on and off daniel and his friends. For example in Daniel’s house (see improvement # 2) you can put his pajamas on at night, or put one of his sweaters on in the morning.
7.add the hospital from the recent episode
8. Add Daniel’s friend’s parents
9. Make it so that if you leave a building, everything won’t reset unless you have it that way in settings.
10. Add Daniel’s friends houses
Great game but could use work
I had this game for like at least a month before deleting it and because you can’t visit many places like you can only visit the bakery, music shop, doctors and the super market I want like Daniel’s house and the school and trolley and like Daniel’s friends houses
Developer Response ,
Hi MarlandDenise! Thanks for the great suggestions! We have a surprise in store for you. Look out for the next "Explore Daniel's Neighborhood" app update at the end of this month and let us know what you think!
Much better than expected
When I first downloaded the app, my reaction was “I paid money for this?!?” However, my impression has COMPLETELY changed. The best description I can give is this is a digital dollhouse or paper dolls. The characters don’t DO anything. As an adult used to games, I found it weird. But my two year old plays with it for hours, imagining different scenarios and unlike a real dollhouse, she can’t lose the pieces!! There’s been a recent update, adding the schoolhouse, and she’s already spent hours exploring it. The programming is great, everything runs smoothly, and for the number of hours she’s spent on it, she hasn’t found any glitches.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PBS Kids
- 290 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2019 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.