MindLabs Energy and Circuits is a magical STEM learning tool for children ages 8 and older. MindLabs combines a digital app, physical cards, and augmented reality in a fun and exciting approach to learning core science concepts.
MindLabs requires little to no adult supervision and is ideal for remote learning, at home or school. Children practice concepts in a carefully sequenced series of over 20 interactive exercises. In collaborate mode, they can create hundreds of different types of circuits while playing with fellow students in the same or different locations. Designed for one to four players, this open-ended learning experience sparks a child’s interest in science and the world around them.
The MindLabs Energy and Circuits app is FREE, but you need the physical cards to play!
Download and print sample cards to try a quick demo here: www.exploremindlabs.com
- LEARNING THAT’S FUN! Place the colorful cards representing different electrical components on a tabletop, draw connecting wires on a mobile device, and see the circuits pulse with electricity.
- AR EXCITEMENT! Each card appears in 3D through the magic of Augmented Reality. Correctly connect the components and see the lightbulb glow, the buzzer buzz, the fan spin, and much more. Watch out! Lucky that fire is only virtual!
- STEM FOCUS. Learn core energy concepts through a carefully sequenced series of over 20 interactive exercises. Topics covered include basic energy sources, open and closed circuits, short circuits, as well as engineering design and troubleshooting.
- DYNAMIC DUO. Friendly robots, Atom and Anne, help guide the players through the story and foil the evil Dr. Stonebreaker.
- CREATIVITY GALORE. In the Create Space, build hundreds of different types of circuits using the component cards. This open-ended learning experience sparks a child’s interest in science and the world around them.
- COLLABORATIVE. MindLabs is designed for one to four players, in the same or different locations. Children take turns adding (or deleting) cards and wires to create the desired circuit. All the players see the results of their combined efforts at the same time through their device. It’s learning by doing and the perfect tool to foster collaboration and problem-solving in STEM.
Check out what some of our reviewers have to say!
"I truly was amazed at all the knowledge they have now thanks to these cards, and just how much fun the girls had while learning about energy and circuits. Who says kids can't have fun and learn at the same time?"
"If you haven’t seen the magic of Mind Labs, then you’re going to love this product! The app uses interactive cards to bring a gamified, augmented reality experience on the topics of energy and circuits."
"Looking for a way for your kids to play at a distance with, well, anyone at all? MindLabs: Energy and Circuits is ... the perfect activity"
"Looking for a toy that will actually stimulate their brains? Look no further!"
2020 NATIONAL Parenting Product AWARDS WINNER
This product has been funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Health.
- Mystery cards now show Dr. Stonebreaker and lighthouse
Ratings and Reviews
No free content
There is nothing that can be done without paying. Waist of time and very disappointing! Why not just make it a pay game instead of waiting people’s time!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Explore Interactive, Inc.
- 290.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Explore Interactive