Explore the spectacular trails of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park wherever you are. Immersive 360 degree virtual tours guide you through a lush Hawaiian rain forests, across a pit crater once-filled with a fountaining lake of molten lava and through the Nāhuku lava tube. Along the trail, try to win the treasure hunt game by discovering all the unique plants and geological features. Animated eruption timelines bring to life the dramatic story of Kīlauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
- 10% of all sales go to the Hawai‘i Pacific Parks Association -
• Eruption Timelines with video and animation
• Volcano Treasure Hunt - Plant & Geology Discovery Game
• 360 degree panoramas offer an immersive experience of the trails
• Stunning video of the 1959 eruption filmed by HVO scientists
• Glossary of Native Hawaiian plants and their cultural and medicinal uses
• Trail guides of Kīlauea Iki Trail, Nahuku Lava Tube and Devastation Trail with descriptions of dramatic geological features
• Auto-Play – guided tour mode
• GPS enabled
• Retina resolution for Panorama views
• Geology Glossary featuring geologic terms and features
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, National Park Service
USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
Hawai'i Pacific Parks Association
Temple University, department of Film & Media Arts
Photographed, Designed & Produced by
Michael Kuetemeyer & Anula Shetty
Programming - Auston Stewart
Interface Graphics - Daniel Kuetemeyer
Trail Map courtesy National Park Service
Trail Guide Text courtesy Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, National Park Service, USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory and Janet Babb
Archival Videos and Photographs courtesy USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- iOS 11 Compatibility
- Additional Geology Glossary terms and videos
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but needs to be updated!
I think this app is very good but please update it to include the "coming soon" hikes. As of now there are only three hikes available.
Cool! Very nicely done.
One of the best National Park Apps Iʻve seen! Love the new eruption timeline.
The amount of content, beautiful graphics, and great sounds really impressed me. I was able to relive my visit to the volcano from a few years ago, but it also showed how much i missed. I wish I had this app when I was there, or even before I went.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.