- Offers In-App Purchases
Export notes from Notes.app
- Notes can be exported to markdown or HTML format.
- Creation & modification dates of notes are preserved.
- Notes are stored in directories named after the notebooks in which they are stored in Notes.app.
- Notes in same notebook having same name are renamed to avoid old notes being re-written by new ones.
- Support for exporting attachments of type - JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF & BMP while exporting in markdown format.
- Fixed image exports in Ventura
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good. A few missing things.
The app seems to work as advertised, but, as the notes are exported as .txt files, rich items are not included. For bold, italic, or other similarly basic rich text features, the loss isn’t a big deal (at least for me), but the big problem is that iOS-10-style links shared from Safari or another browser are not preserved, nor are attached pictures or other rich media. I have saved several notes in which the focal point is those links or pictures, so if the note is saved without them, it’s pointless. It would be great if links were there, even as plain-text links, and if notes had attached pictures as separate files with “same-name-pic1”. Same for videos and drawings.
Also, I think that the file names for the exported notes should include the modification date of the original note, in order to avoid the renaming of identically titled notes.
Does what it says, not what it promises
But could use some polish
- Hyperlinks are NOT exported
- Images are NOT exported
- The app does NOT talk about the two items above
- the app takes up a lot of system resources, and doesn't have a clear answer for how long it will take.
- It sets "in progress" status on the exported files, and doesn't seem to unset that status after export.
- I can't find the in-app purchase button for notes filtering
- The app becomes completely unresponsive when it's exporting (doesn't even show up when clicking the dock icon)
- It does not export subfolders, so you'll have to recreate your folder structure in the app you're moving to
- Uses .txt as extension for the files, but they are in fact markup
But hey, it works - and it's a better backup than nothing. Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure it helps a lot of people.
Losing Modifed by Date is annoying, Some errors
This is a great app. It’s slightly slow to do the job, but it gets it alll done. It preserves the folder/file structure but throws away some important information, namely that the notes are normally sorted by date modified. Still, it’s not the biggest deal in the world; depending on your number of notes (I had around 1100), this may or may not be a big deal to you. As other reviewers have mentioned, it also doesn’t keep any kind of rich text. It’s not perfect, but it’s more than solid.
Unfortunately, after auditing my notes, I have found that this app arbitrarily truncated quite a few of them. Not sure why this is. My best guess is that the way it processes the first lines of the files it has a character limit, but many of my note titles don’t have line breaks. This is a huge problem. The app is handy, but be careful and diligent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chintan Ghate
- 2.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Chintan Ghate
- In-App Purchases
- Notebook Filter $4.99