eXtra Voice Recorder is a combination of a high-quality audio recorder, a multi-functional audio editor and an easy-to-use audio files manager. With eXtra Voice Recorder all your recordings will be fully organized and available whenever you need them. You can add notes and photos to each recording, bookmark important parts for ease of navigation, continue recordings and save them directly to the cloud for universal accessibility. Moreover, the app offers a host of handy features for instant file sharing, so sharing your recordings will only be a matter of a couple of taps.
eXtra Voice Recorder offers the following:
• Multi-level file manager to keep your recordings organized
• Resume previously created recordings
• Supply your recordings with comments
• Bookmark the most important parts of recordings
• Add photos to your recordings
• Keep photos synced with audio
• Edit recordings with split, trim, and delete features
• Keep your recordings synced across your iPhone, iPad and Mac
• Keep your recordings synced with Dropbox
• Share recordings via Wi-Fi, AirDrop, Messages, Email or iTunes File Sharing
• Keep notes in recording Meta tags that are available for other apps
• Adjustable quality of recording
• Audio scrubbing with variable speed
• The ability to change the playback speed
• Built-in search to find recordings by title or comments
• Record in the background mode even when the device is locked
• Import recordings from other apps
• Upload your recordings to Google Drive, Evernote and other apps
• Record directly to high-quality m4a (AAC) files
• 3D Touch Menu support
• Designed for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• It’s also available on Mac
• Added compatibility with the latest version of operating system and latest devices
• Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
ALMOST a 5 star…
…because the file naming process is backward; e.g. when I want to record quickly, I want to be able to go right into record (akin to shooting a vid on the spot when needed) and the name the file AFTER the recording is complete. The process becomes inefficienr when I have to change the file name AGAIN - AFTER, the recording is stopped, from either the default “Recording” naming convention assigned by the app, or even possibly different than the one I had to spend the time creating BEFORE i could even start.
I want to be able to open the app - hit the button to record - stop it when completed - and choose my next action. THAT would make this a 5 star app - in my opinion, as an audio pro. The editing is easy to use and the recording quality is crisp and clear.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestion.
Pros and cons
It does exactly what I need it to do but it is annoying when it closes while using the edit function and moves the recording to the bottom of the list. Not sure why that happens so often.
Good App but Seems to have a Bug
I use this app on my MacBook as well as my IPad. The app has been working very well for me over the past couple of years, especially as a Uni student, however I found of late the app seems to be crashing a lot on my IPad and it has been draining my MacBooks battery and sticking to the point where its difficult to start and stop the recording. It is definitely the app and not my computer because when I quit the app my computer functions normally. With respect to my IPad the app opens and then within a minute just crashes. Please fix as soon as possible as I rely on this app for recording many of my classes.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 11.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.