This app was built for anyone living alone. It provides a way to make sure that if you don’t respond, others will be notified. Instead of relying on products that require you to press a button when you need help (think "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial), isn't it better if someone is notified when you DON'T press a button? Introducing the EyeOn App.
* You can set your own schedule for the app to "check-in". You can set the days of the week, time of day…as many (or as few) as desired. For example, the app can ask if you are ok every hour, only in the mornings/evenings, or every other day.
* You will receive a push notification at the scheduled time(s). This notification will ask if you are ok.
* If you press "OK", then the alert is reset for the next scheduled time.
* If you fail to respond, then the app notifies up to 3 contacts. These contacts are notified by email, text message/SMS, or both.
* The contacts get an email, text message/SMS, or both stating that you have not responded, your last known location (email only), and the battery level of your phone (email only). You can customize the email sent to your contacts to provide specific instructions.
* (Pill) Reminders can also be scheduled. They are just that - a custom reminder. No response is required and we don't notify your contacts if you don't respond to a Reminder.
* Pause feature - you can pause the service for hours, days, or weeks if you don't want to be checked on during a movie, vacation, etc.
When first installing, you will be prompted to complete the names, mobile phone numbers, and emails of the user and for each care provider. Then simply set a schedule for check-in times.
Push Notifications - on the initial setup you will be asked to allow EyeOn App to use Push Notifications. This is mandatory for the app to function.
Location - although this is not mandatory, we can provide your location inside the alert email to your care providers if you do not respond. It will be the location where you were the last time you opened the app. You will need to give EyeOn App permission to use your Location.
Timezones/Time Changes - EyeOn App adjusts for timezones and time changes when the app is opened. If you travel to a different timezone or have a time change, please open the app once for it to automatically correct to the new time.
Cancelation of Service - if you do decide to discontinue use of the service, please simply delete any Notifications you scheduled. If you delete the app without deleting the Notifications, it could take up to 24 hours for your account to be disabled.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, but few features
Very easy to use, and what it does it does very well. However, it lacks the ability to customize the email message to be sent if you do not respond. Other than that it's a great app for anyone who lives alone.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review. We will review the possibility of adding in the ability to customize the email. Thank you for the suggestion. UPDATE: We have listed to your request and added this feature into the latest version.
There were some issues initially with multiple pop ups asking if I was okay, but this was responded to and fixed pretty quickly by the developer so now it works fine. Definitely gives me peace of mind knowing others will be contacted if I don’t respond to the notice.
Developer Response ,
Hello J.Val. Thank you for the comments. We have a new version coming later this week that will resolve the issue you described. If you have any trouble, you can always contact us at email@example.com, or check the FAQ on eyeonapp.com. Thank you!
While configuring the app, I was thinking “doctor” when asked to enter care provider. I suggest you change “care provider” to another term, such as “emergency contact” or maybe just “contact,” or “contact person.”
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the note. We don't want it to be confusing, so we will review the wording there. UPDATE: We have listed to you and changed the wording in the latest update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.