The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.geniatech.eu for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
1, enable remote live tv with eyetv4
2,general improvments stability and performance
Ratings and Reviews
Works on local network, but no longer over internet
This app used to be excellent. The whole system was a great solution for taking local broadcast programming and streaming it to your device anywhere you were. Now it only works on the local network within my house. When I am outside of that local network, it pretends like it will work, and everything gets up and running correctly, but then it only streams a black screen with no audio. I wish they would fix it.
Avoid and don't waste your money
They never update this app and crashes too frequently.
Works fine on a MacBook Pro (2010 model) running Mac OS 10.6 but on a more powerful imac running Sierra it is total garbage. Video and audio studders and hogs the cpu(s) unlike when running on os 10.6 which barely uses any cpu to live stream.
Bring back the airplay button
The EyeTV app works pretty good, but the airplay button is missing. Prior to iOS 10, the app would stream AirPlay to an Apple TV if AirPlay was selected in the control center.
With iOS 10, AirPlay on apps without an AirPlay button as part of the app now defaults to mirroring mode only; there's no way around it.
With Geniatech now owning EyeTV, they need to put in a bit of programming effort and add an AirPlay button to this app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SHENZHEN GENIATECH INC.,LTD
- 17.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2016-2020 Geniatech Inc.,Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.