WELCOME TO F1™ 2016
• F1 2016 is a stunning mobile racing game that puts players into the race seat of their FORMULA ONE™ heroes in a full season, single race and time trial on any of the 21 official circuits from the 2016 season.
• Experience a high quality Universal Purchase app which runs on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV in one single purchase, without In-App Purchases.
THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™
• Take on the world’s greatest drivers including MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team’s Lewis Hamilton, Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen, McLaren-Honda’s Fernando Alonso and Sahara Force India F1 Team’s Sergio Perez and many more, with 22 of the world’s greatest drivers and the 11 teams from the 2016 season represented.
• F1 2016 includes the full FORMULA ONE circuit roster of all 21 races from around the globe; including the brand new 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE held in the stunning city of Baku. The 2016 season also sees the return of the iconic Hockenheimring, with the GERMAN GRAND PRIX back after a year absence for the FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2016.
THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN YOUR HANDS
• A visually stunning game for all iOS 9 and 10 users, experience enhanced F1 gaming thanks to the cutting edge technology of the A10 chip, combined with Metal, on the newest Apple devices which combine to make the gameplay even faster and smoother. This allows the game to render 1.4 million polygons on-screen while also applying an array of console-level post-processing effects and multi-sampling anti-aliasing.
• These effects include depth of field, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberration and colour grading. This all adds up to provide an unparalleled level of visual fidelity and immersion, never before seen within a FORMULA 1 videogame on any mobile device.
• Beyond visual quality, the game also utilises the iPhone 7’s Taptic engine to provide haptic feedback, while delivering stereo audio (driven by the 3D environment) through the iPhone 7’s dual-speaker setup.
FORMULA ONE AS YOU WANT IT
• For gaming on the go, F1 2016 offers unprecedented flexibility and game modes, with Season Mode, where you can compete through the full 2016 season in any order you want, and also Custom Season, for the first time ever, where you choose the length and included tracks to craft your perfect mini championship. Added to this are both Quick Race and the longer Race Weekend options, which include additional Practice and Qualifying events, as well as the challenge of setting the fastest times possible and competing against the global leaderboards in Time Trial or Weekly Event.
ULTIMATE RACING CONTROL
• Experience the thrill of F1 with the simple yet deep car handling model for full player control – with four control options including tilt and touch, a variety of steering assists and sensitivity, braking assists and camera tilt, all fine-tuned after years of making award-winning and best-selling F1 games.
CONNECTED WEEKLY F1 EVENTS
• Compete in time limited events with a new challenge every week.
• Battle to top the leaderboards, and even show off your records on Facebook.
• Please ensure that you have at least 2.67 GB of free space on your device.
• Contains direct links to the internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.
• F1 2016 requires iOS 9 onwards, 1GB RAM minimum, Metal devices.
• iPad Air/iPad Air 2
• iPad Mini 2/iPad Mini 3/iPad Mini 4
• iPad Pro
• iPhone 5S/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S Plus/iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
• iPod Touch 6th Gen
Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
F1 2016 is an extraordinary experience. It’s so immersive, we half-wondered why weren’t conducting TV interviews after each race. As we roared around the globe contesting the Drivers’ Championship, the official licensing made it all stunningly realistic, but the real star was the controls. The subtle tilt-to-turn handles perfectly, and the surge of acceleration is beyond satisfying.
Is this game dead??
The game is not getting update until 2019...
But i liked this game when it first released to iOS. But there’s many issues existing.
First, Haptic Feedback causing lag-or stuttering- so that it’s very annoying when playing the game.
Second, Tilt control is not so responsive. I dont know why this issue was not fixed.
Third, Assist options and graphics, gameplay options are awful. There must've assist option from TC to ABS. And why no raining weather and intermediate/wet tire are unavailable? The graphic should have been updated. And let the user choose the gameplay style from Arcade to Simulation, like GRID™ Autosport which ported by Feral Interactive. It’s shameful.
I think this is a great game. You can race on every circuit with a any car you would like. But I wish there was rain, that’s the biggest problem. I tried every way possible but it didn’t work and plus the cars can’t spin. Every time I want to hit the barriers for fun, I don’t skid. Also I do very hard mode all the time but at Australia, I’m 2, 3, or maybe even 4 seconds better than the ai. But at Suzuka, I’m always 2 or 3 seconds slower. Also I wish in the race that all the cars weren’t the same level like in real life. Also you can’t get out of the race because you can’t get punctures and lose your tires or have problems with the car. I wish you could start from the pit lane too if you crash in qualifying. There is no Career Mode, whyyyyy. Also could there be added different circuits from back in the days and you can race with the olden day cars. Please update this game. Also, the tyre wear in this game is the same even if you go really slow or push the limits. It should be different. Last is that when I exit the pits I hit the barriers and lose my front wing at Abu Dhabi and Silverstone and that sometimes I stop in the pits for 20 seconds even if I’m not changing tires. I’m counting on you Codemasters. Please update this game soon. Thank you.
- The Codemasters Software Company Limited
- 2.5 GB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation). Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Codemasters. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.