The acclaimed F/A-18 Hornet combat flight simulation by Graphsim Entertainment comes to iPhone and iPad in it's best incarnation to date. With unmatched depth and realism, there's nothing else like it on mobile devices!
• High-fidelity physics-based aircraft flight dynamics.
• Realistic HUD, cockpit and weapon systems.
• Intense, white-knuckle aerial combat.
• Innovative control overlay system for pilot input.
• Ruthless AI means skilled enemies and wingmen.
• Scoring system with awards and rank promotions.
• Full support for your GAME CONTROLLER.*
• Complete step-by-step guided FLIGHT SCHOOL tutorials.
• Create your own mission with the SORTIE editor.
• Quickly enter combat with the DOGFIGHT generator.
• Fly 50 challenging CAMPAIGN missions.
• LAN MULTIPLAYER mode for up to four nearby players.
• Watch a REPLAY of your campaign mission.
Pilot the awesome F/A-18 Hornet in this highly realistic fighter jet simulation. Using physical properties of the actual aircraft, the simulation flies just like the real thing.
Interactive control overlays make it easy to use the extensive cockpit systems. It not only allows for input, but also provides feedback for aircraft systems such as radar mode or landing gear status. You control the aircraft's flight stick by rotating and tilting your device, or optionally using a compatible game controller.
Acquire a target on the realistically simulated AN/APG-65 radar. Then launch an AIM-9 Sidewinder missile and watch it track its target with its realistically simulated guidance system.
Because the game captures performance differences between aircraft, aerial combat is highly realistic. So when you tangle with an enemy MiG-27, real-world tactics can save your day.
Enemy pilots are skilled adversaries, proficient in dogfighting as well as ground attack. You may find yourself in a turning battle with a MiG-21 while simultaneously evading a SAM missile. If you can survive, you've earned bragging rights.
Connect up to four nearby players (within Bluetooth range or connected to the same Wi-Fi access point) for exciting real-time air-to-air combat.
Direct your wingman to fly in formation or to come to your aid. Request landing clearance from the control tower or get guidance from the Landing Signal Officer on final approach to a carrier landing.
The game includes 16 practice missions and 50 campaign missions. Increase your score with each mission and with every downed enemy aircraft. Earn awards and promotions as your career advances. Hours of gameplay wait.
You'll get a taste of what it's like to be fighter pilot. If you're interested in aviation, or military history, then FA-18 Hornet is for you.
*iOS 13 now allows you to connect your Bluetooth PS-4 or XBOX ONE game controller.
• Changes to the flight computer and auto-trim make for dramatically improved aircraft handling.
• A complete rework of the Flight School means better follow-along, improved lesson briefs, and full support for game controllers.
• Auto speed is now explicitly turned off (rather than turning off when the slider is touched).
• Nose-wheel steering is now easier to manage, and remains high or low as set until explicitly changed.
• When landing gear are down in flight, trigger buttons on an extended game controller (L2 and R2) now operate the rudder (rather than radar and weapons).
• Other changes include an improved HUD and pitch ladder display, a better game controller pop-up menu system.
• Many other small improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A few small details is all
Now, this game, it is realistic VERY realistic for it being on mobile, it’s not your ordinary mobile flight sim or simply tilting and shooting, this mobile game consist of arming your weaponry, targeting enemies, using IFF to identify if such object is friendly or an enemy. This game is revolutionary at the least and needs more popularity in my opinion. Anyways now onto my small changes I would like to see, I would enjoy having a full cockpit, not just the dash and the tech in the front, I’m talking about the seat in which you’re sitting in, heck add an ejection animation in if that seems suiting, it’s just that the cockpit could use some love. Also, I would LOVE to see a sonic boom added into the game, add the air cone on the back of the F18 at 750 mp/h, even mute the sound at 750 mp/h because that’s how it basically works, when you reach the sonic boom all sound in or around the jet just mutes in a sense because you are now outrunning sound itself, so I would LOVE to see that. Other than those two features I love this game 👌
Stuff I’d love to see in the game
Now the game is great, best simulator on mobile. And I’m saying this, because the game is very advanced. Not like the other mobile sims, where you tilt, shoot, and fly. In this game, it comes with a course of flight school, and you can even make your own mission. Now one thing, I would love to see you improve on, is the cockpit. I know, it’s not a big deal, but if you think about it, it would make the game ten times better. Not only, will it improve the game, but It will attract a lot more people, a lot. Now I don’t mean you need to improve on everything in the game, just the cockpit is enough to attract more people to buy the game. I love playing flight sims, that are super realistic. And that’s why I bought this, it’s an advanced flight simulator on mobile. It’s the dcs world, but on mobile. I love improvements on those little things, that would make the game much better, like the mirrors. The three mirrors would make it easier to spot a enemy from behind you and it will make the cockpit more realistic. Stuff like that make the game ten times better. I really really hope you guys take this in consideration. It will make the game much much better.
This is the best and favorite game on my iPad! Love it! The only problem I have is after this last update, I lost all my progress and can’t select any of the MK – 84 bombs as well as some of the other munitions from the ordinance menu when setting up a sortie. Really don’t mind losing the progress, because I had such a great time getting to where I was. It’s definitely not a problem doing it again. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys realistic combat flight simulators like the Jane’s series are used to play back in the day on PC. The training missions are in depth and give you a good idea of how to use the things you’re being trained on. You can always practice on the sortie missions that you can customize to your liking. I can’t say enough, I love this game! I cannot wait for more updates and missions. I hope the developers could add some enemy ships to attack on the sortie missions. Thank you very much for this awesome game!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Graphic Simulations Corporation
- 330.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Graphsim Entertainment
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.