Ace your FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Part 121, Part 135, and/or Helicopter written (knowledge) test. Spend less time studying and more time flying. GroundSchool is the smart pilot's secret for passing FAA knowledge (written) tests.
You want to pass the ATP test so that your career can advance. We've helped tens of thousands of people ACE their ATP writtens at far less cost, hassle, and time than over-expensive weekend courses. Study on your own time, learn effectively, and internalize the material so that you'll be ready for that interview, too!
Yes, this app separates Part 121 from 135 and Helicopter questions so you only study those questions that are likely to be on the exact test you take.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA ATP written test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
* Actual FAA Questions (ACS) Current and Valid for Right Now: What you see in the software is highly likely to be exactly what you see on the actual test. Use the program's built-in self-update feature to get the latest question set and illustrated explanations via the Internet.
* FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE: so that whenever you're ready to take the test, the software will be there to help you study (and then review later on). Unlike with books, which are getting out of date from the moment they are printed, update capability is built right into the software.
* Detailed Explanations: Questions feature detailed, often illustrated explanations by our editorial team of professional pilots, mechanics, instructors, and examiners.
* All Charts and Figures Included - Everything that you need to reference for your test is included.
* Virtual E6B and Other Flight Computers / Calculators, Right on screen for convenient learning
* Intelligent grouping of questions by subject area and specific test: If you study with books, the questions for multiple tests are listed together, making it difficult to avoid studying material that does not apply to you. Our software separates this out, allowing you to concentrate only on those questions that you will likely be asked.
* Flexible Study and Simulated Test Modes: GroundSchool features multiple study and practice modes so that you can customize it to works best for you. It even features modes that emulate the software at the major FAA testing centers so that there will be no surprises there!
* Fits the Way You Want to Study: Regardless of whether you just want to memorize the questions quickly or you really want to learn the material deeply, GroundSchool can be configured to suit.
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses: If you're enrolled in a formal "ground school" at your FBO or college, this software will help you get to the head of the class.
This product will prepare you for any or all of the following test(s):
ATM - ATP Multi-Engine Airplane
ATS - ATP Single-Engine Airplane
Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (Part 121) (ATP)
Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (Part 135) (ATA)
Airline Transport Pilot Helicopter (ATH)
Aircraft Dispatcher / Airline Dispatcher (ADX)
Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (added rating) (ARA)
Airline Transport Pilot Helicopter (added rating) (ARH)
Canadian Airline Transport Pilot to USA FAA Conversion (ACP)
Please double check to make sure you are getting the right product:
This is FAA Written (Knowledge) Test preparation software to help you prepare for aviation-related multiple-choice knowledge (computer-based written) tests given by the USA Federal Aviation Administration. This software will help you study for the FAA written (knowledge) tests listed elsewhere on this screen.
- Content updated.
- Minor bugs fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
ATP Test Prep
The explanations to questions and diagrams are good. Accessing the diagrams is simple.
However, the program is hard to navigate and difficult to save for review later. It's possible to study by subject, but you can't add another subject to the one you're currently studying and then save the two together. Pretty much all you can do is study a jumble of all subjects together (1500 questions) if you want to be able to review the questions you missed before. Also, reading on the Macbook Pro is hard as the font is soooo small. After hours of studdying, this starts to become a problem. Finally, there is a feature call "question stacks" that took me about 2 hours to figure out.
Not the best...
My friend and I downloaded this in anticipation for the ATP knowledge test. He was ahead of me, and took the test. He scored 73%. He is more academic than I, so I was nervous about even passing. Fortunately, another friend recommended Sheppard Air. I downloaded that, and scored a 97%! My friend who used Dauntless looked at the test prep Sheppard Air offers, and said “I sure wish I would have used this instead!” I might not have passed with Dauntless. It DOESN’T include all of the answers, but it does some. There are also several superfluous questions Dauntless has that isn’t even on the actual ATP knowledge test.
So in short, you might be able to pass with Dauntless, but you will excel with Sheppard Air.
Just OK at best
The explanations are good and the tech support has been quick to respond when needed.
The program only kinda works as advertised. I have had problems with the program displaying reference material (which has the answers) all the time, despite the study selection to display them only after I select an answer. Regradless of the selection, the relevant reference material is shown in the bottom right pane, or under the question in full screen mode. I have tried all the available study modes and this still happens (despite tech support’s insistance that it does not). The only way to remove the reference material is to select the option to display answers only after the session is over, which is really annoying and unproductive after you have several hundred questions answered. I personally (most of the time) want to see the answer and explanation only after I answer the question, but not before.
Another problem with the program, there presently is NO performance tracking. The tech support guy told me basically that it was in previous versions, but not in this one, though they expect to have it back online soon. He made a good point that no where is this function adveratised for the MAC version. All other versions intergrate with their tracking website, but not the MAC version. I had assumed that it tracked how you were doing over time (because all competing programs do) but it does not. That is my fault, not theirs.
Other minor notes: the drawing and protractor tools on the figures do not work in full screen mode and in the 4 panel mode you cannot resize the figures past a certian amount. Also, there is no help file or other documentation with the program. I asked tech support a question about what an icon meant and although they answered it, they esentially told me that i was the only person to ever ask that question and there is no help file because its so self explanatory I should have been able to figure it out.
Overall, I don’t recommend this program, at least on the MAC, until performace tracking is added and the problem with the reference material display is fixed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.