Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the FAA Instrument Rating (IFR) version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and illustrated explanations written by a professional team of pilot examiners and instructors.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps herein the AppStore use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Instrument Rating (and/or Instrument Ground/Flight Instructor) knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This IFR version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* IRA - Instrument Rating Airplane
* IFP - Instrument Rating Foreign Pilot
* IGI - Ground Instructor Instrument
* IRH - Instrument Rating Helicopter
* FII - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane
* FIH - Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter
* AIF - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane (added rating)
* HIF - Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter (added rating)
* Canadian Instrument Rating to USA FAA Conversion
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
Good luck on your test!
Ready for the challenge of IFR? Thank you for making us the most trusted FAA IFR Test prep! This significant update looks better and works faster than ever before to help you learn the material and pass that test! Our test prep content is fully FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) compatible, and contains up to date and regularly updated questions. As always, this app features the best and most illustrated explanations in the business. Save study sessions and share them between devices using our cloud features and share your study progress with your instructor or school through the cloud. When you get the app, make sure to immediately check for content updates using the 'updates check' main menu option to make sure you have the latest learning content. This app is 100% what you need to pass your FAA knowledge test.
Ratings and Reviews
Scored 90 on my Airplane Instrument today
The app has some awesome features that will really help you concentrate on your weak areas. Pick "all questions with no charts" for quick learning of IFR information, but definitely study and read the explanations. You can mark questions that need extra attention. The "stack" feature helps sort problematic questions. Reason for 4 stars.... there were about 4 questions I hadn't seen, nor read anything about on the actual test. A lot of the questions weren't verbatim, but close. The changes to the FAA test bank showed, you have to do a little more than just memorize the questions in the app. This app has approximately a 1200 question database. Hard to not recommend making a 90 today.
I was unsure about using Dauntless at first as the year prior I used Gleim for my private pilot test. However as I began to use Dauntless I understood it was a far superior product. Dauntless aids you in learning the material rather than just rope memorization. So when you go online and read that you need to buy Sheppard Air to pass the IFR test don’t believe it. I took my test back in December of 2018 and scored a 90% on it. It is nice having the portability of an app that you can use whether or not you have an internet connection. Dauntless has a system in place called question stacks that helps you master the questions you aren’t getting right, and I truly encourage the use of that feature as the night prior to my test I went through all my lowest stacks did about 300 questions and on the test the next day saw 10 questions from the bank I had done just the previous night. Overall great product and would recommend.
Used this software for my IRA. I enjoyed that it sorted questions I got correct and ones I got incorrect. I appreciated that it gave an explanation so I learned what the correct answer was and why. Once I was consistently getting results in the 90’s I took the written and got an 88%. I reviewed and found two questions that I didn’t read close enough. My mistake dropped my score; if I would have slowed down read and understood clearly what they were asking I would have got in the 90’s just like with the pre-test. I plan on using this software for commercial and CFII. I have several people I know who are students and I have guided them towards this software for their PPL. Don’t hesitate just buy it; worth the price. I would recommend checking their website for bundles if you plan on getting two or three ratings.
- Dauntless Software
- 465.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.