Ace your FAA Instrument Rating (IFR) written (knowledge) test. Spend less time studying and more time flying. GroundSchool is the smart pilot's secret for passing FAA knowledge (written) tests.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Instrument Rating knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation app by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
* Actual FAA Questions (ACS) Current and Valid for Right Now: What you see in the appis highly likely to be exactly what you see on the actual test. Use the program's built-in self-update feature to get the latest question set and illustrated explanations via the Internet.
* FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE: so that whenever you're ready to take the test, the app will be there to help you study (and then review later on). Unlike with books, which are getting out of date from the moment they are printed, update capability is built right into the app. So, when you receive this product, you will be able to update it with only a few clicks now and in the future and be sure that you are studying from the latest available questions.
* Detailed Explanations: Questions feature detailed, often illustrated explanations by our editorial team of professional pilots, mechanics, instructors, and examiners.
* All Charts and Figures Included - Everything that you need to reference for your test is included.
* Virtual E6B and Other Flight Computers / Calculators, Right on screen for convenient learning
* Intelligent grouping of questions by subject area and specific test: If you study with books, the questions for multiple tests are listed together, making it difficult to avoid studying material that does not apply to you. Our app separates this out, allowing you to concentrate only on those questions that you will likely be asked.
* Flexible Study and Simulated Test Modes: GroundSchool features multiple study and practice modes so that you can customize it to works best for you. It even features modes that emulate the software at the major FAA testing centers so that there will be no surprises there!
* Fits the Way You Want to Study: Regardless of whether you just want to memorize the questions quickly or you really want to learn the material deeply, GroundSchool can be configured to suit and is remarkably easy to use.
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses: If you're enrolled in a formal "ground school" at your FBO or college, this app will help you get to the head of the class.
This product will prepare you for any or all of the following test(s):
Instrument Rating Airplane (IRA)
Instrument Rating Helicopter (IRH)
Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane (FII)
Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter (FIH)
Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane (added rating) (AIF)
Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter (added rating) (HIF)
Ground Instructor Instrument (IGI)
Instrument Rating Foreign Pilot (IFP)
Canadian Instrument Rating to USA FAA Conversion (ICP)
Please double check to make sure you are getting the right product:
This is FAA Written (Knowledge) Test preparation app to help you prepare for aviation-related multiple-choice knowledge (computer-based written) tests given by the USA Federal Aviation Administration. This app will help you study for the FAA written (knowledge) tests listed elsewhere on this screen.
- Content updates.
- Usability improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Passed my Instrument written test by studying this software. Not exactly but very similar to the FAA test questions.
Cannot recommend this product
I've used many FAA test prep platforms and this is by far the worst. It is glitchy and has incorrect answers. This in and of itself isn't terribly abnormal, but when you add the fact that the customer support is non-existant, you realize that you should just go with a differnet product like Gleim or Shappard Air.
Not working as designed
The question stacks will not update. This was the biggest selling point for me. I can’t work on the questions that I missed because the program is not working as designed. I also was not able to find an updated figure supplement from the program or website, and my test (FII) had a new supplement. It sure was a good thing that I used another company’s study software. I have used Dauntless in the past, and it helped me to pass the test, but I haven’t seen the same quality or support for this latest version. I did contac the support staff and let them know my issue, but they still have not fised the problem after two months.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dauntless Software
- 472.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Dauntless Aviation
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $19.99