FabFilter Pro-L 2 is a professional, feature-packed true peak limiter, suitable for transparent mastering as well as single instrument limiting. It features various different limiting algorithms, a highly intuitive interface, oversampling, dithering and accurate loudness and true peak metering: everything you need in a limiter!
The Pro-L 2 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Pro-L 2 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Pro-L 2 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness
- Eight sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, all with their own character and purpose
- True peak limiting
- Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks
- Low CPU usage
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering including true peak metering
- Extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards
- Various meter scale settings, including K-System support
- Surround support including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking
- Unique, highly informative real-time level display, showing input, output, gain change and loudness levels over time with key gain reduction readings and four different display modes
- Optional DC offset filter
- External side chain triggering for stem mastering
- Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level
- Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal
- Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms
- Separate, freely adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages
- Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms
- Easy to set up for common limiting situations with the included factory presets
Ratings and Reviews
Studio quality Limiting for commercial music, now for you!
Easy to use. This actually IS a game changer for the iOS music making world. Fabfilter is as good as it gets.
There is a slight latency issue with GarageBand however that is in the description.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.