FabFilter Twin 3 4+
Powerful synthesizer plug-in
Compatible with AUv3 host apps such as GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and n-Track Pro.
Since its first release in 2005, FabFilter Twin has been famous for its filter quality and oscillator sound. FabFilter Twin 3 expands and improves on its predecessors in every area, including a complete redesign of the GUI and workflow, more and better oscillators and filters, a radically powered-up modulation system, an all-new FX section, and much more. Sonically versatile, supremely intuitive, and spectacularly ‘analog’, Twin 3 is a dream instrument for creating synth sounds of all kinds, from basses, leads, and pads to plucks, drums, effects, and beyond.
The Twin 3 app lets you play via the on-screen keyboard or a MIDI keyboard connected to your iPad. To use Twin 3 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Twin 3 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for instrument plug-ins in the host app.
- Virtual analog synth featuring four flexible oscillators, four filters, six FX modules, and a vast modulation system with a wealth of flexible source signal generators, drag and drop source/target routing, and no limit to the number of modulation assignments that can be made
- Fully redesigned, greatly simplified interface with easier workflow
- Completely overhauled modulation system with redesigned modulation sources, and floating slot and
- All-new FX section, housing Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Drive, and Compressor modules
- Arpeggiator with Groove/Legato controls, note order, latch options, and more
- Full-featured preset browser, with tags, favorites, and search and filter functions, and new factory preset
- Per Oscillator polyphony mode: each incoming note triggers a different oscillator
- Bell, Shelf, and Notch vintage-style EQ filter shapes
- 6dB/octave filter slope option
- Modulatable filter Cutoff/Peak Offset knobs knobs, for adjusting all filters at once
- High Quality mode — 4x oversampling
- Transient mode turns Envelope Followers into transient detectors
- Curve adjustment handles for EG Attack, Decay, and Release stages
- Slider mode (vertical-only operation) and Range setting (toggles between bipolar and unipolar behavior)
for XY controllers
- Hide all modulation sources except for XY controllers and Sliders at a click
- Native sustain pedal support
- Even better oscillator and filter sound quality, with analog-modelled drift
- Maximum number of voices doubled from 32 to 64
- Lower minimum Envelope Generator Attack, Decay, and Release times
- Maximum number of XY controllers/Sliders increased to six
- Envelope Generator Threshold, XLFO Balance, and Frequency Offset made available as
- Modulation sources can be renamed
- Maximum number of modulation slots increased to 100
- Legato mode for MIDI-triggered XLFO
- Range options added to MIDI Sources: Negative (-1 to 0), Centered (-1 to 1), and Positive (0 to 1)
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus the ability to save your own presets
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"FabFilter Twin is one of the best virtual analogues we've heard so far, and at this price point it's well worth the investment!"
— Computer Music
"Once I found FabFilter Twin, I immediately noticed how great it works and how amazing it sounds!"
— George Morel
Ratings and Reviews
Another FabFilter classic. If you hear a sound in your head, this synth can bring it to reality.
One of the benefits of the Auria Pro DAW app early on in iOS music production was the IAP FabFilter apps that were available in the Auria store for purchase. But included with each Auria purchase was the FabFilter Twin 2 synth. When FabFilter released their plugins on the App Store in AUv3 format the Twin 2 synth wasn’t included. Now the waiting is over with Twin 3. It’s everything that made Twin 2 so special and then some. The gorgeous user interface is pure FabFilter, everything is laid out logically and is easy to operate. You can modulate modulations man, it’s deeep. Don’t sleep on Twin 3, this is a serious electronic musical instrument.
I haven’t been inspired by a synth in a long time. Thank you, Fab Filter, for showing me it’s still possible for me to love an app.
Beautiful and strange, with one omission
This is a this is an amazing synthesizer. The depth of modulation and unlimited potential for sound design make this a must have. With that said, I find that there is one glaring omission - headphone output. In spite of the fact that the app is installed on my lesson 30 day old, iPad Air and connected to my AirPods Max the app does not route audio to the headphones. Yes, audio streams from the iPad to the AirPods on other applications. Please fix this so I can give you the fit star.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 11.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 FabFilter
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.