Compatible with AUv3 host apps such as GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and n-Track Pro.
Nothing beats a vintage sounding, gritty and creamy cut-off filter. That's exactly what FabFilter Volcano has been known for since its first release in 2005. Today, Volcano 3 delivers the best in creative filtering with a completely redesigned innovative interface that is an absolute delight to work with.
The Volcano 3 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Volcano 3 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Volcano 3 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Fully redesigned, highly simplified interface, with an easy workflow and new modulation engine
- Up to four non-linear, vintage-sounding filters with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, bell, shelf, notch and all-pass shapes
- Frequency panning to vary the filter frequency per channel
- Intuitive filter display lets you easily create and tweak filters
- Very flexible routing options to set all combinations of serial and parallel filtering
- L/R and M/S routing options for per-channel filtering
- Drive, delay, and output level/panning settings per filter
- High Quality option enabling maximum internal oversampling
- Piano display
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus the ability to save your own presets
- External side-chain triggering
- Optional MIDI triggering
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"With a stonking sound and incredible flexibility, Volcano is a must for anyone seeking a characterful all-in-one filter solution"
— Computer Music
"The combination of a powerful sound and ease-of-use makes Volcano unique."
— Future Music
- Fixed a possible crash when modulating curves routed in parallel.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth Every Penny and Then Some!
Just buy it.
Greatest of 2021
Insert all the superlatives here. It’s that good.
The best keeps on truckin!
Finally, I can delete Auria as this is now an AU! As always, you’re getting professional sound in a great-looking package. Timeless 3 was crammed with a lot of new features and tiny buttons, but here the simplicity with no clutter gets them back on track (Timeless 3 is of course forgiven since it’s the best delay ever, especially taking into account these were designed with a desktop in mind).
The drive knob is an excellent new feature. If you need any further convincing, go watch Dan Worrall’s YouTube vid on Volcano 3. Wild stuff can be done, and much more easily than you might think.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 6.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FabFilter
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.