Our new name is Facebook Local! We’ve updated our events app to help you discover places and things to do recommended by friends you know and trust.
Keep up with what’s happening locally—wherever you are—whether you’re looking for something to do with friends this weekend or want to explore a new neighborhood.
* See the most recent activity, events and places your friends are interacting with and updates from event hosts and Pages you follow.
* Find events and activities happening near you on an interactive map and filter by time, category, location and more.
* Get recommendations based on what's popular with your friends, things you've been to in the past, Pages you like and our curated Guides.
* Choose to add calendars from your phone to see all of your plans in one place.
* Opt-in to get notifications about your upcoming events so you know if details change.
* Simplified navigation - now it's much easier to find suggested events and places to go.
* Automatically shows you the best places as you move the map around.
* Faster access to your upcoming events.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
* Improved list creation and integration with the map.
Your stuff first: The top navigation will show you events and places you’re interested in. Go to Your Places to see places you starred and Calendar to see events you responded to.
Notifications at the top: Notifications from Local will appear at the top of your feed when you open the app to make it easier to access.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Decent and Much Room for Improvement
I deleted the Facebook app and started using this a couple weeks ago because it’s pretty much the only thing I’m using FB for nowadays. It’s decent and a lot of room for improvement if this is a product the FB team plans on building and maintaining.
1) BUG: After the most recent update, the notification page won’t load. Going to the page in the app or clicking on a notification of an event would only lead me to the loading circle and a blank page
2) BUG: If I click on a venue to like go see more details the app crashes
3) Customization of notifications would be huge. This is something I would appreciate in FB itself as well. For instance, I don’t want the notification that says “your daily guide is ready to view” but to turn that off I’m turning off all notifications
4) The search can be further improved for sure. I’m not sure if this is an existing feature but can’t check because bug #2 lol. If you go to a venue and can see events at the venue or have notification settings for venues that would be great.
I really hope this is not something the FB made and will just not maintain. I enjoyed using it for the most part so far
This app was my life
We all have certain feelings about Facebook, but the Events have been a shining redeeming quality to Facebooks continued existence for me since the addition of the event option was added to the sidebar of the news feed. And then this great Local app came out so I could forego the Facebook scroll and just fill my calendar with great local events. The calendar view quickly became my favorite way to easily view and schedule things. And now it has disappeared in this recent update.
The preview shots on the app update page even show a button saying “See my calendar”, but for some reason in the updated Local app it’s a “See all upcoming events” that leads to an overwhelming scroll. This mimics the counterintuitive version of accessing events on the main Facebook app. There is a “See All” link already in the upper right corner of the Your Upcoming Events view and this is a duplicate way of accessing this same overwhelming view.
Please bring back the practical old school calendar view so I can click on a single date and make sure I’m already booked with things to do on my day off or see all the things I’m doing just one day at a time.
Please!! I’m so disappointingly frustrated that I finally updated an app only to make it useless.
It was better...
With the recent changes, such as a pull up tab overlapping a map, I find it far less user-friendly and harder to search. Also, on both this app and on Facebook, the search results on mobile are extremely limited. I looked for events on one date and was given five results. Four events that I knew for a fact were happening that day weren't even listed, so how many more am I not seeing? I want to love it, but it needs to be more user friendly. Please get rid of the map and replace with a map button. We don't all need everything pinned every time. Let us choose to see that. Put the app's power behind its searching and sorting functions, please! I was happy with how it was, disappointed with how it is now, and excited for how it could be.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 261.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.