Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works but not as good as it should
I got passed the messenger app switch because I rarely have any major issues with that. Later their mobile posting is very slow. It's not my phone or my network connection but when I try to post a status in my news feed it takes a really long time to post forcing me to just give up and discard the post (sigh) I hope they at least fix that issue but everything else seems to work ok (liking a post, commenting on a post etc.) but it seems lately software companies are getting stupider adding useless or buggy features in their products or downgrading features making them more and more frustrating. Honestly your better off on a laptop computer if you want to post something. Just hope they fix the status update lag problem.
>UPDATE< really REALLY annoyed with this ‘most relevant’ comments filter permanently on & to be able to turn it off you have to be an administrator. It blocks almost 80 percent of comments I try to view in posts. It claims to be a spam filter of some sort based on what Google has said about it but it seems to be very indiscriminate spam blocker & blocks nearly every comment in just about every thread even if its likely not spam. So dumb. They should at lest give the user the option of being able to disable or adjust this ‘most relevant’ comments filter.
Developers left me Disappointed
With every new update that comes out I hold my breath, just hoping this will be “the one” that will fix the hodgepodge of issues with Facebook. The one that bugs me most is Marketplace. I’ve emailed support multiple times with no response (except the auto-generated “thanks for your feedback” email, of course). Then finally, 2 weeks after what was my 3rd request in 3 months time, they responded by saying they received my report and that they appreciate my patience and while they can’t update everyone who submits a report, they’re using the report to make FB better - TICKET CLOSED... Really? Not only this but recently I also lost the option to view posts by “most recent”. FB Customer Service/Support and developers just don’t care what users want. They don’t respond to problem reporting in a timely fashion and it’s now been over a year that people have been complaining about not having access to Marketplace, not just me. Although mine hasn’t been gone that long, it’s ridiculous that this issue can’t be resolved! Especially when the ability to access it just disappears one day yet buyers can still see it and send you message about it but, as the seller, you can’t make changes to it and you can’t even view it! I’ve lost sales because of this. Disappointing Facebook!!
Invasion of privacy
Facebook has blocked my account until I send them proof of my identity. They’re asking to see either my drivers license or credit card with my name on it. Yea ok facebook👌🏻. Why would I share that information with you when I can just create another account with the same name without sharing my personal info? It doesn’t matter what Facebook does a user can always create another account thru a different cell phone. Facebook should just call it quits. they’ve shown they can’t control and often endorse the fake news their site puts out. Their employees are clearly out of touch with their peers and most of the country. It’s blatantly obvious they are over privileged and pretentious people that will never know a “hard days work” and think accountability is something their accountants do. As proof they won’t stop, they’ll continue to run it into the ground by listening to half-wit suggestions from people who are desperately trying to stand out from their coworkers rather than just accepting that the best wheel design is round. Facebook -constantly lowering the bar. Intelligent people know how easy it is to manipulate their lesser counterparts. Facebook doesnt understand this because they are not intelligent but rather inexperienced , self entitled, over confident and pretentious people. INTELLIGENCE CAN NOT BE LEARNED.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 442.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 95 Stars $1.99
- 250 Stars $4.99
- 530 Stars $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.