Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggiest app on my iPad
Let’s face it, if you use social media Facebook is a must have to stay connected. However the Facebook app is a complete bug filled app that only seems to break more with every update. I’ve been waiting for years for it to work right and yet I always know when an update comes, because something you use regularly will break guaranteed. If by some miracle it gets fixed in the bi-weekly update, I promise you something else you use will be hindered in the next version.
Sorting has always been a mystery to me. I understand sponsored posts and ads as something as to pay for the backend but I never understand why something as simple as seeing recent posts just doesn’t happen. Most recent is a joke...it just never works. I constantly get days old posts in my news feed even if there’s been no replies to them. If I see something and then accidentally refresh I may never find that post again because it’s lost in the Facebook algorithm.
In the end Facebook is still the best way to post and share news and info with friends, but the constant failures of the app time after time makes it beyond frustrating and disappointing to use.
Not Worth the Bull
Facebook is the absolute worst platform I’ve ever used for social media. I understand its profound popularity for sure, but for the lack of attention to detail it truly undermines. It’s full of junk and privacy concerns.
The site looks entirely different based on the platform it’s displayed on. Application vs Website plus difference in device from iPad to iPhone. There’s no fluidity between any sources and what’s worse is the menus are insane to navigate. I can never find anything I’m looking for because it’s so clogged with ridiculous, non important buttons and information.
Now don’t even get me started on privacy. I can’t even change my profile photo without it trying to let the world know exactly what I’m doing and at what day in time I did it at, therefore leaving me with no choice but to go back and click the globe(only on certain platforms in certain situations of course not always) or the options button on the top of the post to change the privacy settings so that nobody sees my action or changing a profile picture, like anyone cares!
What I’m actually writing this review for is business. Trying to run any type of Facebook page for business is less worth it than door-to-door sales. It’s hopeless and only stunts my growth rather than supports it. Time is money here Facebook!!! Separate your services and stop combining everything into one server it can’t even handle a description edit!
Updates Ongoing Issues
I’m an IT professional, why aren’t your developers testing new development to ensure they haven’t broken previously working basic functionality before releasing a new update? You are ruining the FB experience for your users. Every time you release an update lately something that has always worked no longer works. If I wasn’t dependent on FB to keep up with my friends and family and my professional photography groups I would have deleted it long ago. Most of these marketed “new and improved updates” are anything but and basically useless to the majority of users. Also they are huge updates making it so FB is taking up most of the available space on my phone and I have an IPhoneX 256 GB, not an old phone. I shouldn’t have to delete photos of my family to make room for FB. Notifications still no longer work. This has been going on and repeatedly reported for months. If you want to update something fix what you broke your users would be much happier. Now when I type a comment and make a mistake it won’t let me go back and correct it. It starts deleting everything I previously typed instead of letting me insert additional text or deleted something I typed incorrectly. I have to erase everything and start all over. Very frustrating.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 442.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.