Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functional, But Needs a Major Design Change
Facebook is an average social media app that is nice for communicating with friends and family for free (via Messenger). But, with that being said, it is time for Facebook to release a major design update for the mobile app. Often, when I am checking the reactions to my posts on Facebook, the reactions never load, are miscounted, or not updated. This is example number one of why Facebook needs to seriously upgrade. One thing that a lot of Facebook mobile app users have been waiting for is a dark mode for the app! It has been released across multiple platforms, including instagram, which is owned by Facebook. They released a dark mode for desktop users & the Messenger app, and it is beyond time for the mobile users to have the option for dark mode on the Facebook App. One last example of something that Facebook needs to update is it’s variety. Messenger only having a few color-themed backgrounds to choose, for example. Other than a design update, the app is very useful for communication, businesses, memes, inspiration, etc. It is also a good way to pass the time.
App is useless
Facebook had become basically unusable for months. Many users repeatedly post the same issues without any response or resolution from Facebook. I’m an IT professional it appears the app is incapable of keeping up with the volume, maybe server issues. The app freezes constantly and crashes. Isn’t working at all while on wireless have to turn off my wireless to have any hope of being able to review my notifications. Anytime I get a new notifications it throws me out of where I am and back to the beginning of my notifications. Then I have to start all over again paging through the hundreds of notifications I receive to try to find where I previously left off which is next to impossible due to the endless freezing and crashes. Notifications I previously reviewed continue to show unread making it impossible to figure out which ones I’ve reviewed. The app has gotten totally frustrating to use to the point it’s taking me several hours a day just to get through notifications, there aren’t enough hours in the day to deal with Facebook which is slowing becoming a full time job to deal with. It’s a good thing it’s free because no one would pay for software that doesn’t work and provides no customer service or issue resolution. They constantly make so called updates that break previously working functionality. The updates are unwanted by the users, what we want is a reliable app not a bunch of bells and whistles that do nothing to improve the user experience.
You’re not allowed to be yourself anymore
Facebook used to be a fun place to connect with old school friends and family..a place where I could freely express my unique self. You used to be able to post anything you wanted whether it was true or not, just because you felt like it and nobody really cared! Some things opened up great discussions! Now, everything you share or comment is scrutinized by behind-the-screen random, ghost people. These people have their own opinions and when you freely express yourself like before, your posts or comments will be taken down, blocked or hidden, and all of your audience will be notified that your opinion or posts just happens to be something they personally disagree with. I did a test and posted 2 polar opposite opinions on an issue just to see what they would do, both of them were false news. The fake news I posted about current and political events had 2 distinct viewpoints. The one the ghost person disagreed with, was covered up and labeled as false with a link to an article for my audience to click proving their viewpoint. The other one that was also fake news, fit their personal viewpoint and they never touched it. I personally disagreed with both things I posted but found out quickly what the viewpoint was of the ghost robots behind the screens reading everybody’s personal stuff. Facebook is NOT a good thing!!
- Facebook, Inc.
- 465.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 95 Stars $1.99
- Supporter $4.99
- 250 Stars $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.