Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app has been driving me crazy for months now. If I stay on the Facebook page, it only blacks out once or twice per evening. If I want to read something (my cousin's newspaper article, for instance) posted by my friends, the app blacks out every time and if I want to continue on Facebook, I have to open the app all over again and hope I can find my place. I'm almost ready to delete the darn thing! Wondering if it's worth the frustration! I've written my problems to the staff through Facebook three times and have received no recommendations. Can the app be fixed?
Well, it's about 2 ,months later and nothing has improved. The app still freezes and blacks out. If I try to move from a post to attached info it freezes. Moving down the page to more posts makes it freeze or it blacks out completely. Then I get to start all over opening the app yet again. This is really getting to be more trouble than it's worth. It would be nice if the it people would at least respond in some way. A lot of us are feeling ignored. Not good business practice!
Buggiest app on my iPad
Let’s face it, if you use social media Facebook is a must have to stay connected. However the Facebook app is a complete bug filled app that only seems to break more with every update. I’ve been waiting for years for it to work right and yet I always know when an update comes, because something you use regularly will break guaranteed. If by some miracle it gets fixed in the bi-weekly update, I promise you something else you use will be hindered in the next version.
Sorting has always been a mystery to me. I understand sponsored posts and ads as something as to pay for the backend but I never understand why something as simple as seeing recent posts just doesn’t happen. Most recent is a joke...it just never works. I constantly get days old posts in my news feed even if there’s been no replies to them. If I see something and then accidentally refresh I may never find that post again because it’s lost in the Facebook algorithm.
In the end Facebook is still the best way to post and share news and info with friends, but the constant failures of the app time after time makes it beyond frustrating and disappointing to use.
Facebook Engages in Censorship
I have reached a point where I feel I am being bullied off the app. I have been unfairly blocked from posting for the most mild issues, and for things that I’ve seen many people say without issue. Facebook has allowed false political ads to run without issue, has allowed videos of people being murdered to stay on the site, and has unfairly policed “hate speech” in a suspicious way in terms of the type of people who get away with it. It has gotten to a point where I feel like someone has been watching my account specifically just to block me from posting over and over again, for longer and longer each time. I created another account where i took great care to never even use profanity so that there would be no reason to block me, and now I am “temporarily” blocked from posting on that account too. I was never given a reason as to why I can’t post or interact with any of my friends anymore, and I have been stuck with this “temporary” block for days without any word on how long it will last. This is censorship and it is completely unfair and biased. They have been targeting my account for absolutely no reason and I can’t support an app that bullies its more respectable users
- Facebook, Inc.
- 455.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 95 Stars $1.99
- 250 Stars $4.99
- 1200 Stars $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.