Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
OK so I had a account on Facebook and I pretty sure somebody hacked it and with saying that I can not login the email that it says that I logged in with is not my email at all because one I know all my emails and this is not one of them I also know all my password because I have the written down and it’s saying it wrong I have tried to email Facebook and no one has answered me and that was over a month ago Um so with all the passwords I have put in and everything nothing is working so I keep trying right and the page like disappeared for awhile and today December 5 I some how found it back so I am now trying to get back in to it and I can’t still I’m so mad that it’s not working obviously Facebook is no help and they are not doing there job I literally just want to get back in my old account because I have so many friends and pictures on there. The one person on there is a old friend that passed away and the hole family has a thing where we posted on there happy birthday and all that but that doesn’t matter I want to fight out how to change my password on there but good old Facebook can’t answer some body questions so maybe Facebook well see this and help out? But I don’t recommend getting Facebook because I’m about done with this dumb app because they have me so mad about this hole thing.
Buggiest app on my iPad
Let’s face it, if you use social media Facebook is a must have to stay connected. However the Facebook app is a complete bug filled app that only seems to break more with every update. I’ve been waiting for years for it to work right and yet I always know when an update comes, because something you use regularly will break guaranteed. If by some miracle it gets fixed in the bi-weekly update, I promise you something else you use will be hindered in the next version.
Sorting has always been a mystery to me. I understand sponsored posts and ads as something as to pay for the backend but I never understand why something as simple as seeing recent posts just doesn’t happen. Most recent is a joke...it just never works. I constantly get days old posts in my news feed even if there’s been no replies to them. If I see something and then accidentally refresh I may never find that post again because it’s lost in the Facebook algorithm.
In the end Facebook is still the best way to post and share news and info with friends, but the constant failures of the app time after time makes it beyond frustrating and disappointing to use.
The mutating app that breaks itself.
There is an almost schizoid approach to the interface design, wherein FB keeps switching where things are located, adding or removing features as they see fit.! Don’t get too comfortable or familiar, because things will change. This being said, it sometimes feels like an arms race and ongoing cold war between the company and the user, whereby content is increasingly being intruded by an incessant need for the user to react rather than passively enjoy communicating and sharing things without an overbearing app presence. Further, settings and user controls are deeply buried, making it very difficult to opt out of data tracking or minimizing your online presence, away from data hungry companies which should require a transparent opt in process instead.
The worst part of the experience is usually video related, whether it is the terrible interface itself, or the annoying funneling of design, making it difficult to track through a video or to ignore overlays for comments and emotes over live and recorded content. On top of that are the bugs which plague this latest version with its frequent crashes.
I used to enjoy the simplicity of this app, but the more unwanted features they continue to cram in, the more bloated and annoying it has become.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 432.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.