Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The mutating app that breaks itself.
There is an almost schizoid approach to the interface design, wherein FB keeps switching where things are located, adding or removing features as they see fit.! Don’t get too comfortable or familiar, because things will change. This being said, it sometimes feels like an arms race and ongoing cold war between the company and the user, whereby content is increasingly being intruded by an incessant need for the user to react rather than passively enjoy communicating and sharing things without an overbearing app presence. Further, settings and user controls are deeply buried, making it very difficult to opt out of data tracking or minimizing your online presence, away from data hungry companies which should require a transparent opt in process instead.
The worst part of the experience is usually video related, whether it is the terrible interface itself, or the annoying funneling of design, making it difficult to track through a video or to ignore overlays for comments and emotes over live and recorded content. On top of that are the bugs which plague this latest version with its frequent crashes.
I used to enjoy the simplicity of this app, but the more unwanted features they continue to cram in, the more bloated and annoying it has become.
App keeps backing me out
Ever since the most recent update, there have been multiple occasions where the app will just back me out, taking me straight to my home screen without reason or warning. This usually happens within seconds of entering the app, and never happens just once at a time. Rather, it will happen every single time I try to re-enter the app, often continuing to do so repeatedly, until it finally decides to work normally again. It has proven to be impossible to predict when this problem will occur, and how long it will continue before returning to its proper functioning. At first I thought it was my WiFi and/or network connection, but I now know it can’t be attributed to either one, given that it has now happened on several WiFi networks AS WELL AS while using data. I also have the newest version of iOS, so it can’t be explained by not having updated software, and I have the app set to where I always stay signed in, so I know it has nothing to do with my login, either. I’m sure I can’t be the only one who has been experiencing this, even if I happen to be the only one writing a review about it. Please work on figuring out the cause of this issue and finding a solution, because it has made using the app a complete hassle and annoyance.
Wish I could delete
The only reason I still have facebook is because my school posts important updates at times. I get notifications constantly from facebook telling me so and so posted a picture or so and so commented on a post...things like that. These are usually people I don’t even interact with and I do not want these notifications. The only way to stop getting them is to completely unfollow the person, which then takes their posts out of my news feed as well, which I do not want to happen. And even when I unfollow people my phone continues to give me notifications of new people posting things that I don’t care about. The only reason I don’t turn off Facebook notifications all together is, like I said, so I can get important updates from my school’s groups. I’ve turned off every notification setting within the Facebook app that I can and continue to get these notifications on my phone. It is extremely annoying. I will also get badge app notifications saying I have 4 new notifications when I don’t actually have any. Extremely annoying and makes me think I have an important notification to check when I rarely actually do. Will delete my account as soon as I’m done with school if this isn’t fixed.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 411.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.