Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t work on my iPhone X unless I turn WiFi off.
If I open the app it works for a few seconds or minutes but then things come to a complete stop. If I turn off WiFi it picks write up. I know there has got to be at least one tech savvy person working at one or both companies that would be able to help me out. I have the same router and modem I have had for a while now. PS4, smart TV, MSI laptop and other people’s phones all work fine. I’v re-downloaded the app and it got marginally better for about 15 minutes. It started after resetting my router to defaults because my kid figured out how to log into the router and she messed something up. But I didn’t have anything fancy going on in there. I’ve tried MAC address filtering, turning off data assistance and a few other things I’ve found on line. The only thing that I’ve found out is that Apple doesn’t care that there phones cost over 1k and are tricky to get working on a simple home network, and FB doesn’t care because they insist that it’s not the app. But like I said, being Apple and FB you’d think that someone was “innovative” enough to make there products work across the board. I’m not the only one with this or a similar problem that is not being helped.
Pictures are not loading on Facebook what’s going on it keeps getting worse every time you update. I’m calling Channel 2 news and also calling the White House this crazy .
every time you update Facebook nothing is the same can’t see friends or family on here then you get stupid stuff please get this fixed like it used to be where people enjoyed it. For the last 4-5 days have seen the same posts from the same people maybe one new post come on please straighten this out. ( Can’t see friends post seeing same post for weeks everytime you update its screwed up please fix this can’t see family and friends . )(Still having same problem not seeing all of my friends and family posts everytime it’s updated it’s always the same things. Why are you always updating you make it worse no friends see people I don’t even know. Photos missing. Don’t like memories being showed. Last three weeks instead still seeing same thing no family or friends people I don’t really know on here. Please let me see my family and friends. My friends post are hidden or deleted says content no good it’s not for you to decide we should be the ones who decides if we want to see it. Still not seeing my family and friends post.
Buggiest app on my iPad
Let’s face it, if you use social media Facebook is a must have to stay connected. However the Facebook app is a complete bug filled app that only seems to break more with every update. I’ve been waiting for years for it to work right and yet I always know when an update comes, because something you use regularly will break guaranteed. If by some miracle it gets fixed in the bi-weekly update, I promise you something else you use will be hindered in the next version.
Sorting has always been a mystery to me. I understand sponsored posts and ads as something as to pay for the backend but I never understand why something as simple as seeing recent posts just doesn’t happen. Most recent is a joke...it just never works. I constantly get days old posts in my news feed even if there’s been no replies to them. If I see something and then accidentally refresh I may never find that post again because it’s lost in the Facebook algorithm.
In the end Facebook is still the best way to post and share news and info with friends, but the constant failures of the app time after time makes it beyond frustrating and disappointing to use.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 444.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.