** Happy Frog Apps is a Mom's Choice award winner. Our apps are featured on FunEducationalApps.com, TeachersWithApps.com and more! **
'Fact or Opinion' builds an important comprehension skill in a fun, game-like environment. All kids need to know how to interpret what they read -- it is a fact, or is it someone's opinion?
This skill is especially important as they reach the age of accessing information from the internet.
***** 5 Stars - I like how this app teaches kids how to look for the clue words that can identify a fact or opinion. No other app I've used has done that.
***** 5 Stars - Lots of practice. My son loves the Reward Center. Even I did a few levels so I could earn some coins to play!
'Fact or Opinion' is targeted to children in Grades 2-5. Beginning readers in earlier grades can also benefit from the targeted skill development.
The focus of 'Fact or Opinion' is teaching kids how to identify whether a statement is a fact or opinion.
This vital skill is built incrementally. Early levels focus on thinking about how to prove and fact/opinion and also how to identify the clue words that are indicative of a fact or opinion. Later levels include timers to ensure fluency.
The app includes more than 300 examples for extensive practice.
- Builds comprehension skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Frustration-free learning. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for reading intervention.
- Provides extensive reporting for up to 10 students to suit the needs of parents, teachers and therapists.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has 4 free levels. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchase. If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition of this app.
While you're thinking about reading, check out our other apps at www.HappyFrogApps.com.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web access. We comply with COPPA and are members of the prestigious Moms with Apps organization for quality educational app developers.
Small tweaks under the covers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.